2017 Round Up
The region as a whole has continued to boom, with exciting growth seen in most of our key sectors, but especially in Tech, Ecommerce, Fintech and Agency clients.
We hired 40 people in 6 months for one tech client, which is truly amazing growth! Manchester itself is transforming rapidly, with new incredible offices, restaurants and bars springing up all over the city; with the Spinningfields WeWork, Wood Manchester and Dirty Martini being our recent favourites.
There’s no doubt that the Forward Role Christmas party was a true reflection of this year’s success (stick with me). For starters, at the 2016 Christmas do, we celebrated with 16 Forward Rollers. This year we had a table 28 strong, sat proud as punch in our Christmas hats!
It isn’t just the team’s growth that’s impressive, we’re really proud of the fun collaborative culture we have built. On the night of the party we dished out awards as voted for by the team. Awards included ‘Best Newcomer’, won by Georgia Organ, our Business Support Executive; ‘Rising Star’, taken home by Analytics Consultant, Sophie Page and the highly coveted ‘Best Chat’ award was scooped up by our very own Dad banter pro, Dan Middlebrook!
We are fortunate at Forward Role to have built a team of people who really enjoy each other’s company and what they do – which I’m sure our clients benefit from every day in their interactions with us.
We’d like to thank all our clients for their continued support in 2017, and the team for all their hard work! It’s contributed to a record-breaking year for the business. And the plan for 2018 is not only to maintain our position as the North’s largest specialist Marketing & Digital recruiter, but to continue to push the boundaries for our clients and candidates…..
Here are this year’s highlights:
- Top line growth: Forward Role grew turnover by 56% this year
- Smashing records: We have beaten our monthly revenue record 7 times this year.
- We celebrated a record breaking H1 with a team trip to Lisbon
- We moved to our fantastic new 3500sq feet city centre office – complete with a bar.
- We launched our hugely successful technology division and sponsored key industry events such as Railsgirls workshops
- We had a 93% staff retention rate (we lost two people back to industry) meaning our clients benefit from consistency of contact and consultants given world class L&D opportunities.
- Promoted 10 Forward Rollers demonstrating our commitment to employee development.
We have an even bigger year set for 2018, with a new website, brand relaunch, new divisions on the agenda, our 10th birthday party in February and some exciting growth plans - watch this space and Merry Christmas!