AO.com is a high growth, pure play ecommerce business based in Bolton. A major online player, AO.com became one of the UK's biggest commercial success stories when it was valued at £1.2bn as it debuted on the London Stock Exchange.
- Director of Ecommerce
- Head of Retention
- Head of Multimedia Studio
- Head of Content
Strategy and Delivery
- Working with the Commercial Director and Marketing Director to shape role specifications and salaries for roles which were new to the business.
- Working with the Marketing Director to help shape structures for two new departments.
- Mapping the UK market for best in class talent in the above specialisms.
- Using a multi-channel candidate attraction methodology from niche advertising to headhunting, to ensure maximised candidate reach.
- All roles successfully filled within the scheduled 6 weeks.
- Candidates placed from high profile brands such as The Hut Group, Amazon, Play.com and Waterstones.
- From a low base level of awareness, Forward Role helped build AO.com’s talent brand in the North West market and beyond, working alongside the AO.com social media and PR teams on talent engagement strategies.
What AO say about us
AO.com chose FR Executive, because their ethics and values fit well with our own. We wanted to develop a true relationship approach with an Executive Search Consultancy who understood our culture and brand. At AO.com people are our ultimate differentiator, so by using FR Executive we ensured we reached the best people in the market place, and made hires that will be crucial to the continued success of our business. Thanks to Steve and FR Executive for their hard work and considerable success to date.
Alex Braddock - Head of Talent at AO.com