Tech for Impact will showcase businesses who are using tech to make a positive impact in the world. Speakers are drawn from med-tech, clean-tech, cyber-security, fin-tech and impact investment. The one thing they will have in common is that they use technology to improve human and environmental outcomes.
- Asesh Sarkar (Salary Finance) - Salary Finance partner with employers to offer benefits that help employees become financially healthier and happier. They do this by offering simple savings, access to salary as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned financial education.
- Dr George Frodsham (Medisieve)- Medisieve is developing and commercialising “magnetic blood filtration”, a new therapeutic platform to revolutionise the treatment of blood-borne diseases. It has raised £2.1M in equity funding and has won grants worth over £2M from the Wellcome Trust, Innovate UK, NIHR i4i and the EU Horizon 2020.
- Irra Ariella Khi (Zamna) - Zamna is an award-winning VC-backed software company building GDPR compliant identity platforms for the aviation industry. It works with multiple airlines, including British Airways and parent company IAG, and has been awarded a strategic partnership with IATA as winners of an inaugural innovation award.
- Laila Charlton-Meyrick - Laila has 20 years experience in financial services inc. time with Mckinsey & Co, USB AG, Credit Suisse and Tribe Impact Capital. She is on a mission to help “shift the mindset” of private asset owners towards investments and initiatives that make a positive impact on our world. She is currently working with two private equity businesses, one focusing on the oceans and the other on tech businesses supporting the energy transition.
- Michelle Moyo (Puraffinity) - Puraffinity is a biotech startup that specialises in designing and manufacturing novel advanced materials for environmental benefit, such as removing harmful pollutants from water and wastewater. It raised £2.8m in VC backing this year.