£28k - 34k per year
Application Support Engineer
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£28,000 - £34,000 DOE
- Flexible start times
- Option to work from home
- Bonus scheme
Forward Role are working with a brilliant software development company who provide products and services that enable energy/utility businesses and their people to be more efficient. The client is a trusted partner for some of Britains best known Utility and Energy brands who are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join their dedicated team in Bolton. If you are looking for a role where you can work with cutting edge technology whilst having fantastic opportunities to grow your skillset then this is the right role for you. This client takes time to ensure they have an awesome culture and focus on being a friendly, close-knit team.
The Application Support Analyst will be working in a fast paced and demanding environment where you will become a subject matter expert for the support and troubleshooting of the SaaS applications developed inhouse. The role will be spent ensuring that the business applications run smoothly, that the valued clients understand how to operate them effectively and efficiently and you will be required to provide proactive insights/suggestions for enhancements and improvements. The role is part of the existing Client Services team and will require assisting the Development teams on various end user administration activities including onboarding/offboarding, deskside troubleshooting, application deployments.
● Taking ownership of problem management tickets to completion and providing customer focussed feedback and progress visibility.
● Troubleshoot both the applications client UI and backend database related issues and communicate issues back to the Development teams.
● Execute SQL statements to manage backend tasks and investigate data issues/queries.
● Identify systemic patterns within our applications that can be translated into system improvements or changes.
● Manage and take ownership of all scheduled batch jobs and report activity to ensure successful executions.
● Maintain accurate documentation sets and perform knowledge transfer and best practise workshops as required.
What we need from you:
● Minimum of 2 years working in a 1st/2nd tier application support and administration role.
● Knowledge of relational database management systems (RDBMS) and Business Applications design.
● Minimum of 1-year hands-on experience of AWS hosting services.
● Linux server administration experience
● Exposure to working with both Development/Engineering teams and Change Management Offices .
● Knowledge of / exposure to ticketing systems and understanding of customer facing responsibilities.
● A passion for innovation and technology.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
● Personal accountability and drive for excellence.
● Experience of ITIL problem management framework.
● Experience in the Utilities or Energy sector would be highly desirable.
This is the ideal opportunity to escape a city centre commute without compromising on working with a brilliant team in a scaling software business. The offices are well located in easy reach of major transport routes within the North West and are lucky to offer free onsite car parking.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.