£25k - 30k per year
about 2 years ago
A well known and reputable retailer is in the midst of a significant digital transformation and as a result, is looking to expand the Product team. An Assistant Product Manager is sought to support the team to develop the website, including evaluating the requests for digital product development, maintaining the product backlog and coordinating the governance and process required to meet key dates for product delivery.
- Facilitate the delivery of the digital product development strategy through collating roadmaps, organising the backlog and scheduling the release programme (including business activities e.g training, communications etc) across the digital channels.
- Lead the ideation for digital products that support the Digital Strategy such as product comparison and wishlists, including cost and benefit analysis. Ability to communicate clearly the benefits of the development.
- Define and manage end to end delivery of digital products to improve the eCommerce platform including definition of business requirements, key user experience considerations, core functionality, liaising with project management, IT business analysts and development teams to define priorities and deliver projects
- Identify and establish the methods to report against benchmarks and KPIs for the product developed. Responsible for handing over and supervising training and reporting to BAU teams once the product is ‘live’.
- Responsible for product management of existing areas e.g store locator proposition, creating a roadmap, prioritising new features and taking on the role of product owner to write user stories.
- Gather and consolidate requests for digital development from across the business and co-ordinate their evaluation, including communicating with relevant stakeholders on the outcome of the evaluation.
- Organise the product management team by working within a defined process and governance ensuring deadlines for stakeholder sign off and delivery are met.
- Undertake regular benchmarks of the digital proposition against key competitors and define the key capability gaps to inform product roadmaps to enable the business to become world class. Analyse and present insights to the team.
- Some knowledge of eCommerce platforms and current best practice
- Product management qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience of Product Management
- Previous experience of working in an agile environment would be beneficial
- Knowledge of relevant tools to do the role, for example, Jira, Confluence, Trello
- Good end to end product management skills or able to demonstrate strong project management skills that are transferable
- Strong drive for results – ability to get things done independently with minimum direction
- Problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills – works well with team members at all levels
- Strong communication skills – especially the ability to clearly articulate business requirements and benefits with the appropriate level of detail for diverse audiences from executives to business analysts and developers
- Customer focus – good understanding of customer online behaviour and user experience
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills – able to get things done across a matrix with multiple stakeholders
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.