8 months ago
Business Development Manager- Education
I’m working with a leading University to find a BDM who can manage and extend relationships with business, public and third sector clients to increase income streams from research, consultancy, facilities hire, intellectual property income and other activities to increase revenue.
This role will suit someone with experience of working in a research orientated university environment and with knowledge of academic areas of expertise.
Interested? If so, please contact Paddy Wells at Forward Role Recruitment on (07514)(950197) or (email@example.com)
- Increase the number and value of relationships with external clients nationally and internationally
- Build and lead knowledge exchange networks
- Be an ambassador for the University, promoting it in all of your work
- Project manage the Knowledge Exchange projects with the Head of Business Engagement and wider stakeholders
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure they know of the strategy, funding opportunities, policies and processes
- Guide staff on the knowledge exchange activities
- Monitor external income across all areas and sources
- Conduct market analysis for new developments
- You must come from a research orientated University environment
- Knowledge of academic areas of expertise
- Able to communicate complex issues and develop relationships with external clients and act as a representative for the University
- Comfortable with taking responsibility for income and targets for multiple projects
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong understanding of Knowledge Exchange policy, processes and issues in the HE environment
- Knowledge of relevant client sectors
- Knowledge of IP management
- Business development experience is key, including negotiation, bid writing, costing and pricing and tendering
A competitive salary
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.