£40k - 45k per year + Excellent Benefits
0161 641 5545
4 months ago
Our client is a rapid-growth challenger brand in the tech sector who are looking to recruit a Channel Marketing Manager due to an internal promotion.
The successful candidate will have experience developing and executing marketing campaigns while managing and inspiring a team. They will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing customer needs.
This is a very collaborative role and the ideal candidate will work with a high degree of autonomy. They will have inter-personal skills and be comfortable working closely with representatives from across the business as a key member of the Partner Senior Management Team.
This role will be responsible for contributing towards the implementation of the division’s strategic direction so stakeholder management and teamwork will be a necessity. The post holder will be expected to be enthusiastic and an inspirational leader with excellent commercial and people skills.
- Set the marketing strategy for the Partner division with responsibility for its planning and execution to achieve ambitious growth plans
- Key role as part of the Partner Senior Management Team setting the overall strategy for the division
- Overall coordination, leadership and development of Partner marketing activity, ensuring that all key stakeholders are engaged and plans are aligned to business objectives
- Seek input from key stakeholders; senior management team, sales team and partners in devising our marketing strategy and execution
- Work closely with the Sales Management team to understand where we should focus our marketing resources in the development of our marketing strategy and to align marketing & sales campaigns
- Engage directly with channel partners to execute joint marketing campaigns and to provide marketing expertise and support
- Ensure our partner challenger messaging is strong, and consistent with the wider brand across all marketing channels (such as web, social, email and collateral)
- Prepare and manage the marketing budget for the Partner division, working closely with the Marketing Director to maximise ROI
- Monitor marketing performance and pro-actively take corrective action, modifying plans as necessary to meet business performance
- Research and analyse market insight, customer data, competitor activity and partner feedback to influence marketing strategy and campaigns to meet business objectives
- Clearly communicate the marketing strategy, campaign performance and activities to the management team, sales team, wider marketing community, division and business as a whole
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the competitor landscape, industry trends and opportunities and use this to influence marketing strategy and direction
- Work closely with the Portfolio team to align marketing activity and communications with portfolio and technology roadmap, including to ensure continued market leading propositions
- Collaborate with the wider Brand and Central Marketing team to align activities and maximise opportunities
- Engage with our key suppliers on joint marketing activity, maximising available funding & resources
Skills and experience
- Experience in a Senior Marketing Manager role with strong leadership experience
- Experience in marketing through indirect sales channels
- Self-motivated, innovative and able to inspire
- Proven track record and experience of developing and implementing marketing strategy and plans
- Excellent strategic thinker, able to balance strategic thinking with being hands-on
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and manage the conflicting demands placed on marketing by the other senior stakeholders in the division
- Comfortable working in a matrix structure influencing centralised portfolio, technology and marketing teams
- Strong project management, multi-tasking, attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technology benefits in business language
- Strong creative skills with an ability to think differently and challenge traditional industry thinking to stand out in a crowded market
- Understands how to transform customer insight into business opportunities with a passion for generating results
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Possess extensive knowledge of marketing principles and practices with a solid understanding of effective PR and marketing communications
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.