APS Group - Creative Director
Salary: Competitive salary plus car allowance, bonus and senior package
APS Group is a [Queen’s] Award-winning marketing services company.
Bringing together thinkers, content creators and production experts, APS Group makes more possible – empowering brands to talk to their customers in the most relevant and rewarding way.
Using a combination of strategy, insight, design, multichannel production and delivery, APS Group devises, manages and executes marketing and communications for customers across a broad spectrum of sectors – including financial services, retail, charity, leisure, automotive and the public sector.
Founded in 1961, with a heritage built on print management, the company is independently owned and employs more than 900 people across the globe. Headquartered in the UK, APS Group also has offices in the US and across mainland Europe. The group has a turnover of £161m and has grown top line revenues by 45% in the last 3 years.
As Creative Director you will love rolling your sleeves up and working closely with your creative teams, managing the creative process from concept to completion. Outgoing, confident, client focused and lateral thinking, you will be responsible for creating opportunities to achieve business growth and showcase the services APS Group can offer. You must have the ability to build relationships from within our existing client base as well as new clients to the business, whilst overseeing profitability, deliverables, timelines and budgets. Due to the diverse nature of the work we receive you should be experienced across the full spectrum, including branding, roll out, digital/social media, animation and story boarding.
- Oversee the creative process and makes sure that colleagues follow marketing campaign plans.
- Work with your team to produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, and marketing communications. You will lead and direct the creative team in the production of all marketing collateral, whilst working closely with the account management teams to ensure clarity on client expectations.
- You will evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up-to-date with the latest marketing techniques.
- You will create and implement tailored marketing plans based on individual client requirements.
- Meet with clients across APS Group to evaluate ideas, improve existing campaigns and develop new ideas.
- You will direct brainstorming meetings, creative sessions and workshops with your teams and key stakeholders, identifying innovative ways to convey the client’s message.
- You will be confident and engaging when pitching your ideas to prospective and current clients, showcasing APS Group’s creative capability and the services available.
- You will shape brand standards and create procedures to ensure all products are brand appropriate.
- You will supervise the department's daily workflow, assign project workload and monitor deadlines and budgets.
- You will review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to your creative teams.
- You will develop exceptional and well-crafted copy that meet the client’s requirements.
- You will work closely with multidisciplinary project teams, particularly IT.
- You will assist clients in resolving issues by responding to questions in a timely and professional manner and involve key stakeholders in the communication process at all times.
- You will manage and cultivate the career development of your employees, including designers, artworkers, copywriters, web developers, animators and members of your management team.
- Creativity: you need a strong creative background, which can include project design, copywriting, art illustrations, storyboarding or animation.
- Fearlessness: to be able to fully commit to your strong ideas, as well as take the blame when a campaign does not go as planned.
- Leadership: by assuming the role of Director, you need to be able to lead and inspire the members of your creative team.
- Flexibility: in the business world, you need to exercise flexibility, as travel and overtime are often required more times than not.
- Communication: you must be able to work efficiently and effectively with clients to produce the clients’ desired outcomes
- Technological Savviness: as the business world comes to rely on technology more and more, technical fluency is highly valued.
- Be able to demonstrate success in a similar role
- Understanding of media types and best use of media
- Awareness of emerging technologies
- Focused and enjoy a challenge
- Ability to present at a high level
- Good nationwide network particularly in the North West of England and London
- Up-to-date digital knowledge
- Flexibility towards client’s needs
- Can do attitude
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- £450 - 500 per year
- Posted 3 months ago
Creative Director (Interim) – Initially 3-6 months Central Manchester Creative & Marketing Agency Up to £500 p/d (depending on experience) I’m currently working with one of Manchester’s highly-sought after Marketing & Creative agencies in finding them a Creative Director on an interim basis. The ...
- £55k - 70k per year
- Posted 29 days ago
Head of Creative / Head of Brand / Creative Director Manchester Ecommerce Salary Expectations: £55,000 - £70,000 (DOE) Working with an eCommerce giant based in Central Manchester, I’m on the search for an established Head of Creative looking for a unique creative challenge within a globally recog...
- £25k - 30k per year
- Posted 16 days ago
We’re working with a global Marketing Services company, who are looking for a Creative Designer to join their growing team. Working onsite for an exciting Professional Services client, you will help to deliver exceptional designs both online and offline – from print to digital. The role Develop a...
- £35k - 40k per year
- Posted 28 days ago
Senior Creative / Creative Lead / Lead Creative Integrated Agency Chorley £DOE Working with an Integrated Agency based in Chorley, I’m on the search for an established Senior Creative/Creative Lead who’s ready to take the first step to become a Creative Director within a company entering a really...