£57k per year
Cyber Security Engineer
We are currently working alongside one of the largest pension schemes in the UK, with a specific focus on Higher Education and Universities, who are currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Engineer to join their ever-growing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to jump into the next best thing for their career…
- Support, maintenance, development and governance of all security platforms, including SIEM, NAC, Vulnerability Management, Firewalls, 2FA, Endpoint Security, Email Security, Web Security
- Respond to all security incident and alerts
- Conduct network, endpoint and log analysis to identify cause and impact of any security incident and remediate where necessary.
- Produce regular vulnerability reports.
- Use data from security toolsets and technical analysis to track threat actors.
- Supporting vulnerability analysis, penetration testing and compliance monitoring activities.
- Building security into BAU processes.
- Gather information about threat landscape.
- Assisting with auditing requirements in relation to IT Security.
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience of using SIEM tools.
- Strong experience of implementing and supporting Network Access Control.
- Strong understanding of Network, Data Centre and WebApp Security.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management tools.
- Strong understanding of the cyber threat landscape.
- Experience conducting investigation, analysis and containment of potential data breaches of cyber security incidents.
- Experience of implementing and supporting Next Gen Firewalls.
- Experience in creating procedures and run books.
- Hybrid working, 10 days a month in the office
- 28 days holiday (rising to 30 after 2 years’ service)
- Birthday off
- Private medical insurance – personal cover
- Life insurance
- Pension (9.6% employee, 21.1% employer)
- Personal development (£500 (taxable) to cover things like gym membership, H&W activities, outside work training, e.g. language course)
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.