We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will be responsible for designing and developing data processing and data persistence software components for solutions, which handle data at scale. You will be working in agile teams, Lead Data Engineers providing strong development leadership for team members and take responsibility for the quality of the codebase as well as the match to user needs.
Experience we would like to see
* Software development experience with distributed data storage and processing technologies including Hadoop and Spark and using JVM languages.
* Experience of leading the development of substantial components for large-scale data processing solutions, taking responsibility for non-functional needs of ETL/ELT data processing pipelines such as robustness, performance and security.
* Develop including the design, code, test defect resolution and operational readiness, and includes setting the standards for these activities.
* Coaching and mentoring experience in data development disciplines with the ability to gain the respect of a junior team.
Other useful experience
* Software development experience with Cloudera’s distribution of Apache Hadoop and with Python.
* Experience of data visualisation and data complex data transformations, including ETL tools such as Talend.
* Able to productionise machine learning algorithms.
* Understanding of text processing including Natural Language Processing.
* Experience with steaming and event-processing architectures including technologies such as Kafka and change-data-capture products.
* Data modelling experience with data storage technology, such as document, graph, log stores and other non-relational platforms.
* Open source contributor
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- £20k - 32k per year
- Posted 11 days ago
Statistical Marketing Analyst Manchester City Centre £20,000 - £32,000 Forward Role are working with a thriving start-up in Manchester City Centre. The data led agency are forward thinking and like to do things differently, providing a unique analytics service to their clients to gain an overall ...
- £25k - 38k per year
- Posted 11 days ago
Senior BI Data Analyst £25,000 - £38,000 Manchester Forward Role are working with an exciting and forward thinking ecommerce business in Manchester. Due to continued growth and investment in the data function, they are recruiting a Senior BI Data Analyst to join the experienced team. There is end...
- £27k - 35k per year
- Posted 13 days ago
Data Analyst Up to £35,000 South Manchester Forward Role are working with a fast-growing business who are an industry leader who’s analytics and data team is expanding. As a Power BI Analyst, you will be working in a fast paced role, analysing live/real-time data, identifying trends and influenci...
- £35k - 50k per year
- Posted 3 months ago
Customer Marketing Data Manager Marketing Automation Manchester - £35,000 - £50,000 Forward Role are working with a well-established, and innovative tech business in Manchester who are recruiting a Customer Marketing Data Manager to join the dynamic Marketing Automation team. The work of a Custom...