about 1 year ago
Forward Role have an exclusive partnership with JD Sports. The data team is growing, and they are looking to recruit an ambitious, commercially savvy Data Scientist!
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in our vast amounts of data, which will enable us to make smarter decisions. You will have a strong experience using a variety of data analysis methods, data tools, build and implement models. While keeping abreast of latest developments in data, programming software and technology.
• Perform deep dive analytics within a fast-paced and exciting function.
• Interpret and analyse data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques.
• Apply data science methods (e.g., regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation, machine learning and AI) to drive business decisions and profitability.
• Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
• Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
• Identify business opportunities using data to propose solutions that will aid decision making.
• Develop algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate, and extract data to supply tailored information to colleagues or the wider organisation.
• Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems.
• Demonstrate the ability to utilise data to conclude actionable insights.
• create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business.
• Strong communication and clear identification of possible actions based upon insight.
• Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related field.
• 5-7 years of professional experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems.
• Experience with applied statistics and quantitative modelling (e.g. regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation, and machine learning & AI).
• Commercial experience using Advance SQL is essential & proficient with one or more programming languages (Python, R, Java, C++ etc.)
• Experience utilizing visualization tools to take advantage of the growing volume of available information e.g. Power Bi, Tableau, Looker
• Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
• Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
• Demonstrated ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and effectively communicate them to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Have experience working in a fast paced, high growth, consumer facing business.
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with Sophie on 07824 365 143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.