Forward Role have an exclusive partnership with JD Sports. The data team is growing, and they are looking to recruit an ambitious, commercially savvy Data Scientist!
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in our vast amounts of data, which will enable us to make smarter decisions. You will have a strong experience using a variety of data analysis methods, data tools, build and implement models. While keeping abreast of latest developments in data, programming software and technology.
• Perform deep dive analytics within a fast-paced and exciting function.
• Interpret and analyse data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques.
• Apply data science methods (e.g., regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation, machine learning and AI) to drive business decisions and profitability.
• Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
• Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
• Identify business opportunities using data to propose solutions that will aid decision making.
• Develop algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate, and extract data to supply tailored information to colleagues or the wider organisation.
• Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems.
• Demonstrate the ability to utilise data to conclude actionable insights.
• create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business.
• Strong communication and clear identification of possible actions based upon insight.
• Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related field.
• 5-7 years of professional experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems.
• Experience with applied statistics and quantitative modelling (e.g. regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation, and machine learning & AI).
• Commercial experience using Advance SQL is essential & proficient with one or more programming languages (Python, R, Java, C++ etc.)
• Experience utilizing visualization tools to take advantage of the growing volume of available information e.g. Power Bi, Tableau, Looker
• Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
• Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
• Demonstrated ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and effectively communicate them to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Have experience working in a fast paced, high growth, consumer facing business.
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with Sophie on 07824 365 143 or email email@example.com
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.