£40k - 50k per year
Data Warehouse/ ETL Developer Developer
50k + bens.
North west - Remote if required.
I am looking for a strong and competent Data Warehouse Developer to develop data warehouse, ETL, application, and database components in my clients Architecture.
You will be working on behalf of an educator, a business that helps those who want to further themselves through online and in-person training. You will be at the heart of their integral IT team and will work directly with the head of software development to consistently improve their data offering.
- You will be responsible for Estimating, Developing, testing and Documenting of all data warehouse, ETL, applications and general database-related components in line with their architecture. While taking ownership of the data warehouse development and support in the data layers of the warehouse, these being staging replica, third normal form and marts layers. Additionally, you will be acting as a SMEonall the ETL jobs and data feeds, including design, development, scheduling, and monitoring.
- other responsibilities will involve Designing data models and contributing to their Architecture as required to support the BI / MI reporting platforms and other key platforms such as Salesforce. The list of responsibilities goes on, but as a core member of the data warehousing team you should know this space inside out and be happy to impart your own knowledge and wisdom as part of the tech team.
Qualifications – Qualified to BSc/BA level with a highly technical, programming or a Computer Science related degree
Experience – At least 3+ years in a data analyst/systems analyst/ETL developer role and 2+ years in a senior developer capacity
Skills – Must have demonstrable skills in the following areas;
- Oracle PL/SQLand/or T-SQL - This is a must.
- Experience of Oracle, MYSQL,
- Solid experience of ETL tech, specifically Informatica
- Experience of data analysis
- Experience of Unix/Linux
- Shell scripting
- Experience of cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP, perhaps Azure,
- Solid understanding of RDBMs
- Transactional DB's
- Analytical DB's
- Graph and Document DB
- Development Methodologies
- Experience in Agile, Kanban/Scrum
- Full end to end Software dev lifecycle.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.