£30k - 45k per year
Data Warehouse Support Analyst
45k + bens.
North west/ or London
I am looking for a strong and competent Data Warehouseanalyst to support data warehouse, ETL, application, and database components in my clients Architecture.
You will be working on behalf of an educator, a business that helps those who want to further themselves through online and in-person training. You will be at the heart of their integral IT team and will work directly with the head of software development to consistently improve their data offering.
- You will be responsible for Estimating, Developing, testing and Documenting of all data warehouse, ETL, applications and general database-related components in line with their architecture. While taking ownership of the data warehouse development and support in the data layers of the warehouse, these being staging replica, third normal form and marts layers. Additionally, you will be acting as a SMEonall the ETL jobs and data feeds, including design, development, scheduling, and monitoring.
- other responsibilities will involve Designing data models and contributing to their Architecture as required to support the BI / MI reporting platforms and other key platforms such as Salesforce. The list of responsibilities goes on, but as a core member of the data warehousing team you should know this space inside out and be happy to impart your own knowledge and wisdom as part of the tech team.
Qualifications – Qualified to BSc/BA level with a highly technical, programming or a Computer Science related degree
Experience – At least 3+ years in a data analyst/systems analyst/ETL developer role and 2+ years in a senior developer capacity
Skills – Must have demonstrable skills in the following areas;
Qualifications – Degree qualified and relevant professional qualification and experience
• Experience – Typically three to five years of working within an IT team, providing 2nd/3rd line technical support of data warehouse and ETL services. Some development experience is beneficial.
• Training – Formal training in Service Management disciplines (e.g. ITIL)
• Skills –
o Broad technical understanding of Informatica, Talend, Datanomics and common operational issues.
o Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle/MS SQL Server)
o Knowledge of non-relational database (NoSQL or Graph DB knowledge will be beneficial but not essential) technologies
o Confident in command line Red Hat Linux environment (essential)
o Familiar with ETL development tools and ability to read and understand complex SQL queries. Familiar with methods and techniques for structured reviews.
• Analytical Thinking – Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
• Strategic Perspective – Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
• Stress Handling – Retaining objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when placed under conditions of stress.
• Applying standards – Good in application of relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
• Industry Developments – Must take initiative to ensure technical skills are up to date
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.