JD Sports – Multi-Channel Retailer
Market Rate Salary & Benefits
Based in the JD Sports HQ in Bury or Manchester
Forward Role has exclusively partnered with JD Sports and I’m looking to hire a Development Operations Manager to nurture a culture of “people first” across the technical teams, including ensuring that they proactively seek out the development needs of their people and review performance. The role will also play a critical part in working with multiple Product focussed teams, helping them to take an approach to delivery, that contains a consistent set of fundamental “pillars” to allow for an element of consistency in the way they measure success and resource needs.
As a Development Operations Manager in the Multichannel Transactional Systems Team – yourself and the Development Operations team will be responsible for:
• Nurturing a culture of “people first” across the different product/portfolio areas, looking to increase employee engagement and implementing the correct surroundings for a developer to be creative and enjoy coming to work every day
• Maintaining a set of common principles and process best practice, to support Product Managers/Owners to deliver in a consistent manner, in line with a SAFe approach to software/product delivery
• A data driven approach to analysing resource availablity, resource utilisation and the effectiveness of their resource, reporting frequently to the Senior Development Operations Manager
• Central point, for logging sickness/holidays amongst the engineers, regardless of the Product/Portfolio area that they are working in
• Constantly, proactively, assessing the learning and development needs, of individuals and teams
• Assisting with the onboarding of new starters, including ensuring that their needs are catered for from Day 1 of joining, to be free to get to work with minimal constraints in terms of access/logins/equipment
What do we need from you?
• A relevant degree, with 3 or more years experience in a Development Manager, Resource Manager or people focussed development role
• Have been in previous roles, that has involved guiding discussions and providing clear, timely, proactive information to senior stakeholders
• A proven track record, at managing and working with complex JIRA environments at an Administrator level
• An understanding of technical concepts and cloud computing, to be able to relate at a high level, to the needs of the technical teams
• Solid understanding of the components that make up a software development lifecycle
• Experience with Agile working concepts and practices
• A strong communicator, fluent in English with the ability to explain concepts in a jargon free manner that are sometimes confusing to people who may or may not be technically minded
• A proactive, collaborative, positive, flexible, forward thinking attitude, with a high performance mentality and striving to find the best solution constantly
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.