Digital Content & Marketing Manager
The Digital Content & Marketing Manager is responsible for defining, planning and delivering an engaging brand experience across all digital channels for this brand globally. This management position works closely with the Brand and Digital teams to plan, tailor and deliver digital content, campaigns and communications to reach and engage new and existing audiences which drives global growth.
This role owns customer engagement – proactively coordinating trading, brand, marketing and operational activities, into a coherent and engaging daily digital plan, ensuring all teams and digital channels are joined-up to maximise customer engagement.
This position is responsible for planning and coordinating all forms of digital content from broader strategic brand campaigns down to tactical promotional activities, including all site content, emails, social, influencers, affiliates, paid media etc. The Digital Content & Marketing Manager works cross-functionally to provide the link between the brand and the wider Group. For example, ensuring the Group Performance Marketing team are well briefed and coordinated to meet overall marketing objectives, as well as liaising with the Group CRM team to leverage segmentation.
- Thorough and stretching digital content and marketing strategy for the brand, leveraging the brand direction to develop tailored digital channel strategies which build brand engagement.
- Detailed and well-coordinated daily digital channel plans; developing and coordinating the delivery of marketing activation plans across all digital channels, balancing trade and brand priorities appropriately.
- Ownership of all forms of digital content from static information (e.g. delivering info pages), to tactical activities (e.g. trading promotions), to broader brand campaigns (e.g. new season launch, collaborations).
- Direct management of Digital Content, Social and CRM teams, ensuring these digital engagement teams are highly motivated and delivering innovative content and communications to consumers.
- Growing CRM database, which meets internal growth targets for highly engaged and profitable customers to help drive brand retention, including integration of store customers to build the overall consumer base.
- Highly innovative social media campaigns and content, which drive consumer engagement and increase brand reach to new audiences.
- Clearly developed consumer audiences, working with the Group CRM team, to identify actionable segments in order to deliver highly targeted communications e.g. on-site, emails, social etc.
- Contribution to brand traffic and performance plans, inputting to brand growth plans and activity required to help deliver traffic and conversion requirements.
- Well-coordinated paid media activity, which aligns to wider brand channel plans, executed through the Group Performance Marketing team which meets both reach and ROI objectives.
- Highly considered and consistent tone of voice which is aligned to brand guidelines, developing content and copywriting skillsets, whilst adapting for the appropriate audience and channel as needed.
- Input into the broader brand strategy, sharing insight and knowledge of the digital consumer, to help inform priorities and plans to continuously evolve the overarching brand strategy e.g. retention scheme.
- Localised content strategy delivered, adapting content and messaging as appropriate to local markets, working with regional teams as needed to guide with central best practice whilst retaining brand principles.
- Coordinated production of digital assets and front-end experience to deliver content and marketing plans, working closely with both Digital Designers and Front-end Developers, to QA and execute plans.
- Contribution to broader brand requirements for imagery, content and photography, working with the Brand team to capture feedback and plan improvements and initiatives to deliver improvements.
- Embedding of new ways of working e.g. onboarding on new content management systems, to enable Content teams to fully own the execution of content, including international regions.
- Contribution to new and innovative digital tools and techniques, collaborating with the Group Digital Technology team, to improve internal processes and further drive consumer engagement.
- Compliance and adherence to consumer and data protection policies, managing consumer data and mitigating risk, aligned to the Group’s GDPR strategy and procedures.
- Digital Content & Marketing team built which is well developed and motivated across all regions, setting the example across the Group who demonstrate strong leadership qualities and cross-functional working.
- Partnerships developed within the Group, which are supportive of delivering change and innovation, including new ways of working.
Role requirements & technical knowledge
- 5-years+ experience working in digital content and marketing, to deliver targeted engaging customer experiences in a similar commercial environment.
- Experience in managing and building high-performing content and marketing teams, particularly in international markets to deliver brand growth.
- High appreciation for consumer-experience, delivering innovative experiences and communications which drive customer retention and brand loyalty.
- Experienced in working cross-functionally to deliver change, influencing others / other team, with a “can do” attitude and hands-on solution based approach.
- Ability to communicate effectively both 1-2-1 and in larger groups.
- Passionate about developing and growing the team ensuring succession planning is in place across all levels.
- Experienced in managing content and marketing budgets, as part of a broader digital P&L, ensuring budgets are met and risks escalated accordingly.
- Preferable experience in working alongside a Photostudio and/or agencies to deliver content and larger scale campaigns and associated budgets.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.