£30k - 36k per year
Digital Content Specialist (12 month maternity cover)
Up to 36K
I am working with a large, very well-known retailer in the search for a Digital Content Specialist to join their team for 12 months (maternity cover). This is a rare and exciting opportunity to lead the planning, development and implementation of engaging digital content in line with the content marketing strategy and wider business objectives.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Digital Content Specialist with a real drive and enthusiasm for connecting with existing and prospective customers online through developing rich. Innovative, data driven content. The Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for working with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure digital content is optimised, activated and amplified across a variety of channels, to consistently deliver strong ROI, performing against set KPI’s.
- Ownership of online content calendar
- Collaborate internally and with agency partner to execute content calendar, creating rich and engaging content to support business, trading and campaign objectives in line with the wider content plan.
- Work with content agency to oversee successful and strategic optimisation and migration of article content to drive growth of organic performance of the site.
- Work with external suppliers, and internal own brand team, to deliver relevant and timely sponsored content to the site, driving incremental revenue
- Work with content agency to repurpose content where possible, delivering it in a format customers want to consume online.
- Work with wider business and agency partner to ensure content is distributed effectively, in the channel customers expect to find it, when they expect to find it, maximising reach and ROI.
- Use web analytic and social listening tools to review performance of online content against key metrics, and continue to optimise to achieve maximum performance and ROI.
- Monitor industry and digital trends, to maintain authority as an inhouse digital expert, continuing to innovate and evolve a content capability befitting of a market leading specialist retailer.
- Drive the video strategy, collaborating with inhouse Studio and external agency to create industry leading video content to build brand awareness and drive engagement and reach
- Track and analyse video performance and optimise content and distribution based on results
- Conduct research and analysis to ensure ultimate user experience of digital content, optimising copy, layout and design as necessary
- Work with inhouse team and development agency to improve the UX of site, through new functionality and improved design
- 2 – 3 years’ experience of planning, developing and publishing digital content, ideally for a successful brand or retailer
- An excellent understanding of consumer and digital marketing disciplines
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a relevant marketing qualification
- Track record of online copywriting which drives engagement
- Good understanding of SEO, web design and UX
- Experience of using a Content Management System
- Proven track record of using web analytics to measure performance
- Experience of managing external agency relationships
- Line management experience
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Highly literate with excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- A creative thinker - with a drive and determination to think outside the box and deliver exciting new content
- Commercially minded with experience of budget control and management
- Focused on achieving commercial and content KPIs
Please contact Eilidh Sproul at email@example.com for more information!
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.