£45k - 50k per year
4 months ago
In an ever-changing world, our client's Digital team is growing fast and as such we are looking for someone to join as a Digital Delivery Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract within the Digital Delivery team.
As the new Digital Delivery Manager you will ensure the smooth delivery of high quality customer experiences across all the digital assets by being accountable for the day-to-day delivery of a number of initiatives and projects of varying all sizes and complexities.
Additionally you will use your experience and expertise in delivery to support the development of the Digital Delivery Specialists and ensure that the methodology and ways of working are being adhered to and the correct levels of governance are in place.
- Use your meticulous planning and organisational skills to ensure that work is planned within the team and that the correct documentation is in place, kept up to date and communicated regularly.
- Mentor and/or coach Digital Delivery Specialists and Analysts offering support and/or guidance as needed carrying out regular peer reviews.
- Use your written and verbal communication skills and your flexible and adaptable approach to ensure that the right levels of communication are provided, relationships around the business are developed and nurtured and the expectations of key stakeholders are managed.
- Act as a custodian of the digital methodology and ways of working ensuring that our processes are followed and the correct levels of governance are in place.
- Keep a calm and cool head under pressure, removing blockers and hurdles for the team and ensuring that deliverables move forward despite ambiguity.
- Shape ideas to create project concepts and business cases working with Digital Delivery Lead and key stakeholders such as business partnering to get project wrappers where needed .
- Pro-actively work on your own self-development and the development of the wider team adopting an attitude of continuous improvement and contributing to a high performance culture.
- Work with Digital Delivery Lead to support capacity planning and project allocation activities for the team ensuring appropriate levels of support in place where needed.
The ideal candidate
- This role requires someone with extensive knowledge and experience within a project management or delivery environment and experience of a variety of deliver methodologies or principles would be advantageous e.g. waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc.
- You will have successfully delivered a number of different projects and initiatives of varying sizes, complexities and budgets from concept through to post-launch evaluation and optimisation.
- Ideally you will have strong experience within a digital environment but applications from those without will be considered if a clear passion for digital and a good understanding of the current landscape can be demonstrated.
- You’ll have strong experience of building really strong relationships with key stakeholders through your diplomacy, collaborative skills and problem-solving. Additionally you have experience of the selection, on-boarding and management of third parties.
- A desire to work with colleagues across the business to affect the customer experience really positively is a must and you need to be comfortable championing the customer but also balancing this against the needs of the business to make effective decisions.
- With your skills and experience in project planning and delivery you will lead by example and be known for your strong leadership skills. You think like a business person questioning and understanding the business need for each initiative/project and making on-going decisions based on what’s best for the business and the customer — even if that means challenging senior stakeholders and/or digital colleagues.
- You’ll have the confidence to manage, influence and challenge constructively at all levels so you become a trusted go-to member of the team with a reputation for your openness and honesty.
- You have the skills and experience to turn troubled initiatives/projects around as needed – you are able to act without personal agenda and drive forward despite ambiguity.
- Continuous improvement, self-developments and the development of the team will be a priority for you and ideally you have some line management experience.
- Be highly organised and have the ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced and often high-pressure environment. A positive, can-do attitude is a must!
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.