£45k - 50k per year
over 2 years ago
A well known retailer is expanding the trading team due to continued online growth. A Digital Trader is sought to maximise digital revenue and margin for the nominated categories. The succesful candidate will drive the day to day commercial performance and future growth of their categories.
This is a new role within the Digital Team and will require a strong self starter who can effectively engage with peers in the Trading Teams.
- Working with category teams, lead the development and implementation of category digital trading plans
- Define and implement ways to grow customer revenue and profit without sacrificing the customer experience
- Manage day to day digital commercial performance of nominated categories including revenue and margin
- Develop and implement promotional activities that deliver against key business objectives
- Analyse data to identify opportunities to grow revenue, maximise margin, address underperformance and grow customer life time value
- Schedule and lead cross-functional weekly digital category meetings to grow customer life time value
- Prepare trading forecasts on a regular basis and work with the supply chain team to maximise online product availability
- Optimise product categories online including search results, product sort order, promotional banners, product recommendations
- Ensure that all promotions, new product launches and key events are launched online in time and pricing, where appropriate is consistent with store
- Review the product range and influence category teams to deliver product selection that meets the needs of the online customer
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent online trading or merchandising knowledge
- Knowledge of online merchandising systems including search, product recommendations
- Strong commercial acumen – able to proactively spot opportunities to increase sales and margin
- Good communication skills with ability to influence peers and managers in other teams
- High drive for results – able to get things done, manage multiple priorities with minimum supervision
- Good project management skills
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, enthusiastic, resourceful and have the ability to envision innovative solutions in a complex environment
- Strong customer focus and proven track record of applying customer insights and trends to proposed digital solutions
- Must be able to clearly communicate complex ideas, timelines, tasks and deadlines to all stakeholders
- Highly proactive and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated experience using data and metrics to measure performance and determine improvements
- Understanding and use of web metrics and how to gauge
- Ability to analyze data quantitatively and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of trading programs
- Ideally 2 years plus experience in a similar role ideally in a multi-category general merchandise retailer
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.