£150k - 180k per year + executive benefits package
0161 914 8558
over 1 year ago
Leading international retailing organisation has a unique opportunity for a strategic operationally focused Director of Logistics and Operations. Taking full ownership of the end-2-end 'multi-channel' supply chain/ logistics operation you must have extensive experience of working in a multi and/or omni-channel organisation.
The overarching requirement of the role is to maximise the efficiency and profitability of the Group’s logistics operations while simultaneously achieving best practice in systems, process and technology, continuous improvement, supply chain, automation and delivery.
Resuming responsibility for the entire logistics lifecycle from strategy to process flow, improvement, automation and operations; including, but not limited to forecast, planning, procurement, inventory control, rate setting, outsourcing, vendor selection, and distribution. Evaluate the organisation's logistics supply chain performance against projected costs and timelines and coordinate activities across all units of the organization.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work effectively across the organisation to ensure successful execution of logistics support on integrated projects
- Identify systems tools needed to implement process improvement and efficiency
- Executive lead to drive best practice through process and technology
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to group logistics planning/ forecasting
- Coordinates development of solutions to complex logistics support problems with other product support functions, customers, and suppliers
- Develop and implement logistics plans inclusive of supplier contracts, routing guidelines, problem resolution and cost containment
- Manages third party vendor relationships
- Evaluate logistics supply chain needs and selection
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and successfully execute strategy
- Expert analytical skills for the preparation of product demand forecasts, financial profitability of product and inventory management issues
- Expert technical integration of omni channel logistics systems and software
- Expert process improvement skills
- Drive change and transformation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build and manage successful teams
- Organised, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines
- Deliver solutions on time and on budget, while generating superior results
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-moving international business environment
- Knowledge and experience of leading logistics management teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business , Economics, Engineering or related field of study (Master’s degree preferred)
- 10+ Years of related experience and/or training
- Supply Chain Management Professional Certification preferred
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.