A well known retailer, which has an ever expanding online presence, is looking for an eCommerce Trading Manager. Within this role, you will be responsible for maximising the potential of the trading website by improving sales and margin performance and identifying opportunities for growth.
You will be the go-to person working closely with the ecommerce, buying and marketing teams in growing online sales in a structured and sustainable way. You will be responsible for the creation and execution of a trading strategy per category. This will include on-going management of an online trading plan, and will involve working closely with digital marketing team, suppliers and partners, 3rd party service providers in addition to key stakeholders within the business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Create a trading framework amongst ecommerce, digital marketing and buying teams that ensures alignment of trading activities and methods and secure exclusive online deals for ecommerce trading calendar
- Conduct regular in-depth onsite/offsite analysis per product category and competitor, providing feedback and recommendations to the wider business on aspects such as onsite merchandising, landing pages, products, depth of range and gaps, pricing, promotional messaging and execution, content, user experience
- Identify and deliver commercial growth opportunities with existing products and new ranges
- Analyse KPI metrics to maximise sales opportunities. Review weekly sales data, summarising and highlighting any changes in sales patterns to relevant stakeholders in addition to providing recommendations and advising on corrective measures where necessary
- Report trading limitations such as site availability, platform functionality, system and process issues to the product development/support team for resolution or development
- Support Digital Marketing teams to improve traffic, sales, ROI, CPA conversion rate and basket size
- Work closely with the project managers, merchandising teams, Buying and Digital Marketing teams to plan online, range launches, promotions and key product themes ensuring the online execution is flawless
- Conduct A/B testing in conjunction with Digital Marketing to validate marketing, buying, merchandising, operational and trading decisions
- Work with the CRM manager and Digital Team to utilise customer behavioural insights to improve conversion
Key Personality Attributes
- Obsessive customer focus
- Excellent relationship skills, both internally and externally
- Aptitude for personal development
- Entrepreneurial mentality
- Enjoyment of the detail
- True team player
- To keep up to date with best of breed website experience techniques and usability guidelines
- Generally being able to prioritise work according to deadlines and being able to work to strict deadlines
- Have the initiative to manage workloads efficiently and work as part of a team as well as being able to work alone
- Build strong relationships with agency, suppliers and partners
- Ensure effective communication of campaigns, changes and activity to key stakeholders
- Maintain strong relationships with all departments around the business ensuring great culture and future buy-in
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- £30k - 40k per year
Ecommerce Trading Manager If you are experienced in the Ecommerce sector and you are looking to take the next step in your career, then this could be the right role for you! We are working with an established retail business based in Manchester who have grown a vast amount since they started. Thi...
- Market related
This online retailer has seen exponential growth over the last 12 months and has seen YoY revenue increase since launch several years ago. An eCommerce Manager is sought to own the trading website, manage conversion and the user experience. Create a trading framework amongst ecommerce, digital ma...
- £35k - 40k per year
An experienced eCommerce Manager is sought for a market leading business to be an integral part of the future growth, the online trading the execution of a number of innovative projects. You will manage a growing team, currently 3 heads, and will change, identify and lead to ensure targets are hi...
- £35k - 45k per year + yearly bonus
A renowned British online retailer is seeking a web-trading manager as a result of rapid growth and expansion. This business is revolutionising the way people shop forever by offering them a uniquely innovative and greener alternative to traditional shopping, so this is a great opportunity for so...