A retailer in Manchester is looking to bolster their online team with an eCommerce Trading Manager to manage all onsite trading and ensure consistent growth. This is an exciting time to join the business as they undergo considerable growth with their digital team. If you're commercial, have a good eye for detail, can build and execute effective trade plans and have a real passion for eCommerce and brand, then take a look and apply!
- Managing ecommerce trading to ensure KPIs are regularly monitored and worked to, and that targets are met and reporting activity to the Board
- P&L accountability for ecommerce channel including sales forecasting and budget planning for all departmental spend. Control marketing/operational budgets to achieve the profit goal
- Own the digital development roadmap
- Own the business’s acquisition and retention strategies
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of ecommerce trading and liaise with associated departments as required
- Work with wider team on the marketing calendar and strategy, including owning the commercial calendar (kept up-to-date regularly)
- Work with Graphic Design and Content colleagues to ensure the site is working as effectively as possible on a “business as usual” basis and on larger projects to improve overall usability and profitability
- Regular analysis of KPIs and creating action plans from gained insights
- Taking the brand strategy and effectively leading the interpretation of it in the online space
- Ensuring all online trading communications remain on brand whilst also being highly commercial, including regularly reviewing company creative and copy used in ads and social media to ensure branding and commercialism are correctly balanced
- Building a high quality customer database and use effectively to increase sales and brand loyalty
- Be the consumer champion via ecomnmerce. Regularly bring product and consumer insights to the wider team that have a meaningful impact on the future direction of the business
- Timely reviews of key activity, identifying learnings and be the expert on digital data/insights
Experience / Skills:
- 3+ year of digital/ecommerce experience
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Ability to see things through
- Commercial eye – and strong feel for numbers analytics/P&L
- Team player – across multiple sites
- Ability to work across departments
- Entrepreneurial – maximises our event sponsorship, spots meaningful trading opportunities and follows through
- Good web aesthetic – demonstrable creativity and usability
- Multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail and works well to deadlines
- Proactive self-starter
- Multi-channel business experience
- Experience managing external teams and agencies
- International (multi-lingual/multi-currency) website management experience
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- £35k - 40k per year
- Posted 3 months ago
Job purpose: To help the business connect with even more customers and meet commercial sales, brand and KPI targets for all online channels (specifically covering Website, Brand and marketplaces). Assign budget according to best ROI. Enhance and develop all traffic generation routes to market wit...
- £25k - 30k per year + 20% bonus
- Posted 18 days ago
Have you got a proven track record building a marketplace platform and creating YoY growth? Are you numerate and commercially minded? If so, then this could be the role for you. A high growth retailer has seen exceptional growth internationally across Amazon and marketplace and has an impressive ...
- £25k - 30k per year
- Posted about 1 month ago
An iternational retailer is looking for an eCommerce Merchandising Manager to join the business on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for a new challenge or looking to secure a fresh new role. You will join an e...
- £30k - 35k per year
- Posted about 1 month ago
Have you got experience driving online sales and building brands online? An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an international business to accelerate the growth of the branded portfolio within the ecommerce sector. There is huge potential to establish this platform and get full ownership /a...