£27k - 32k per year
Email Marketing Specialist
Stoke on Trent
Forward Role are working with an established British company selling ceramic table wear, cookware, giftware, glassware, home fragrance and associated houseware worldwide. They are listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange and over the past 2 years they have seen a record revenue performance.
Traditionally a B2B business trading in stores such as John Lewis, Next, M&S and Wayfair, they are now souring in the B2C marketing with their e-commerce website.
They sell a mixture of their own label and licenced brands – one being the brand of plates the Queen eats from!
They are looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to join the Digital Marketing & Ecommerce team and own the creation, the build, and the execution of their email campaigns. You will be responsible for creating on brand email campaigns, with strongest possible messaging, growing and maintaining consumer email database, understanding their trading plans and using the smartest available email marketing techniques to help deliver on them with engaging email content and reporting on every campaign and using your findings to drive order value, visitor numbers and CTRs.
- Developing & delivering end to end email marketing strategy & campaigns across the portfolio of brands, working closely with Brand, Digital Marketing and Ecommerce teams
- Planning, creating & scheduling email campaigns
- Understanding the positioning of each of the brands and ensuring consistent on-brand Email and CRM campaign messaging and presence
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams including Brand, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce to drive improvements and messaging consistency
- Leveraging data and understanding the customer database to drive key CRM KPI’s and customer list growth
- Developing & shaping effective automated email campaigns including data capture, preferences & cross selling
- Introducing a test-led strategy to email marketing activity, conducting A/B split testing to constantly improve on key performance indictors and to drive incremental revenue from email campaigns
- Forecasting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual performance metrics
- Analysing campaign results and providing actionable reporting & insights to optimise the performance of these communications & customer experience
- Creating custom segments and groups to target, reviewing audience data to deliver performance
- Conducting quality assurance to ensure emails are accurate inclusive of images, links, and tracking without error
- Staying up to date with industry best practices and competitor activities
What you’ll need:
- Relevant experience in a similar email marketing role is essential
- Previous experience in managing an email marketing platform, ideally Mailchimp
- Experience of setting up automated email marketing campaigns from scratch, and building & testing CRM journeys
- Good, practical, understanding of web technologies (HTML, CSS, GA etc.)
- Experience in working with CRM tools and systems
- Data driven and data literate and analytical
- Methodical approach to testing & learning
- Proven copywriting ability for digital marketing campaigns
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Active interest in User Experience
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Able to work to a deadline, on multiple tasks and projects at a given time
- Ability to work in a high-energy, high-intensity, and rapidly evolving environment
- A team player, with a passion for brands and their success
- Seeking to be part of a growing the company & team and to grow with us
- A keen interest in homewares would be a distinct advantage
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.