A company that prides itself on providing financial services and advice and who are dedicated to providing their customers with practical help in every aspect of managing their money, are seeking a talented Front End Developer to join their Manchester based team.
This company are well respected and have won the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company for the last 10 years in a row!
As a Front End Web Developer for this business you will need to be able to support delivery of industry leading web applications in an E-Commerce environment. Working within an existing team, you will need to balance speed of delivery with a quality customer journey. You need to work with colleagues throughout the business to ensure that all changes and systems maintenance meet the required quality and business requirements.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a motivated team of individuals who ensure that all project deliverables are in line with the Software Development Lifecycle as well as company guidelines and standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Building the front end of web based applications using the latest techniques and technologies (full websites, customer journeys, landing pages, HTML ads);
- Working in a cross functional team, and attending SCRUMs and project meetings;
- Liaising with other front-end and back-end developers, designers, SEO team, testers and implementation staff;
- Interpreting customer requirements to deliver efficient, functional solutions;
- Keeping up-to-date with latest technologies and suggest when appropriate to implement;
- Flexible approach to working within a fast changing environment, with a genuine passion for the design space and emerging technologies.
- Assisting in investigating and resolving web/software bugs
- Carry out all duties in a manner that reflects TMG’s values at all times
- Undertake any further duties determined as reasonable and necessary in fulfillment of the role.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3+ Years web development experience
- Responsive web development
- Understanding of developer console and debugging
- A passion for clean coding and understanding of web standards, usability, design/UX, customer journey and conversion optimisation
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Website speed optimisation techniques and best practices
- Ability to organise, co-ordinate and prioritise day to day work load;
- Awareness of security relating to web based applications
- Can do attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Dedication to quality and meticulous approach
- Strong attention to detail
- SCSS (CSS pre-processing)
- .Net C# experience
- Visual Studio IDE experience
- TFS experience
- Gulp / Grunt
- Node.js / NPM
- Accessible web standards experience
- Unit Testing
- Knockout.js experience
Interested? Please apply or contact Vicky on email@example.com for more information.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- Market related
- Posted 14 days ago
Front End Developer – Twickenham A market-leading organisation are looking for a Senior Front End Developer to lead agile teams and build brand new stunning applications. You will have the opportunity to contribute to front-end application and growth of the team. They are incredibly focused on de...
- £30k - 40k per year
- Posted 28 days ago
Front End Web Developer – London An all-in one, B2B telecommunications provider are looking for a Front End Web Developer to aid them in their time of exceptional growth, developing innovative products you will take ownership of the full development cycle from conception to deployment. They provi...
- United Kingdom
- £40k - 55k per year
- Posted about 2 months ago
An organisation successfully in operation for over 40 years, who literally change people’s lives are recruiting for a Senior Front End Developer, who can lead on everything ‘front end’, providing advice and technical expertise to drive their estate forward. The Senior Front End Developer will be ...
- Greater London
- Market related
- Posted about 1 month ago
Senior Front End Developer – London A young, disruptive and rapidly growing fashion tech organisation are looking for a Senior Front End Developer to aid them in their time of hockey-stick growth, they are creating a lot of excitement from both retailers and luxury designers throughout the busine...