£40k - 55k per year
about 2 years ago
Front End Developer (React/Angular), Manchester, £45k - £55k
Exciting opportunity for a seasoned front end developer to join an entrepreneurial e-commerce business where they will work with a lot of autonomy & make a real difference.
Who we’re looking for
A Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine design and programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to dynamic web pages and app views. You will work with another FE developer and report to UI/UX Lead in a team who bridge the gap between creative design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will be passionate about technology and keeps up to date with current industry trends and best practices.
What you’ll do
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Have an input into what we do and how we do it. We want a thinker as well as a doer with the ability to question decisions where appropriate
- Work on both Web and App
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of responsive web design with a mobile first approach
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Clean reusable code
- Knowledge and experience of source control such as Git
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of bootstrap framework
- Using task runner such as Gulp with NPM and Node
- Working with 3rd party scripts for data analytics
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience in e-commerce
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.