Head of Data Science / Data Strategy - Lead Data Scientist
This role is currently home working – in the future, it will be based from the Central London office where you will be required to be in 1-2 days per week.
Forward Role are delighted to be working with a very exciting, international integrated marketing agency with headquarters in London. They are a fast growing business, with an exceptional client base. They are specialists in driving engagement and increasing acquisition for their clients, they are creative, strategic and most importantly data centric. As part of a larger network of agencies, they are the central to the network for all things data and insight.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will be driving innovation and feeding creative strategies across the data and analytics function. Managing the process and ensuring best practice enabling the team to work with a variety of large data sets from various sources, be a champion for experimentation and drive powerful insights through statistical modelling and data science techniques.
Data Science and Analytics is the core of the business, and the services on offer. With it being a Marketing agency, the ideal candidate would have a marketing/advertising background or at least be extremely insight focused and commercial. You will be responsible for bridging the gap of on and offline data, bringing all data sources together to paint a full picture of marketing campaigns and insight in to how they can be optimised through all channels.
Role & responsibilities:
- Manage research & development programme
- Work with the wider data team to develop and implement new, innovative/advanced data science/AI capabilities and utilising wider data sources
- Working closely with the data architects with AWS, Azure and Cloud Platform
- In depth understanding on marketing and consumer focused data – working with a variety of analytical tools and methods
- Complex statistical modelling – testing and execution
- Data audits, data segmentation, predictive modelling, attribution modelling
- Working with the output of complex models – providing actionable insight and delivering in a clear concise and simple way
- Lead a team of analysts and data scientists – providing mentorship, training and support
- Building relationships with clients – taking briefs and presenting findings / work
Skills & experience:
- Over 5 years’ experience in a senior data science role or similar
- Previous experience working in an agency environment is essential
- Experience with CRM and Data Strategy
- Experience working with marketing and consumer data – online and offline
- Advanced SQL and, R and/or Python experience is essential
- Experience with Data visualisation tools – Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Web Analytics knowledge and use of Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics
- Experience with campaign management tools and data management are desirable but not essential (Salesforce, Adobe Campaign, Adobe Audience Manager)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please get in touch with Sophie on 07824 365 143 or email email@example.com
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.