£45k - 50k per year
0161 914 8499
5 months ago
Are you an experienced lead designer looking for their next step?
Would you like to join a company with big ambitions in an exciting tech environment?
Do you want to be owning the brand identity and design output?
If the answer to these is yes you'll be keen to hear more about my client who are a growing tech company in the pharma space who are looking for a Head of Design to join them.
They're a great company with a exciting challenge ahead as they look to make changes in the pharmaceutical industry. Championing Design this is a brilliant opportunity for someone to set the brand identity and lead on all design output from brand guideline creation through to the honing of the design process and the User experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Define the overall creative strategy and vision to balance great short-term goals with a longer term
- Work with CX, UX, Product and creative counterparts to gather overall design objectives, needs and requirements.
- You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and marketing to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right product & brand strategy.
- Oversee the design and evolution of their component design ecosystem and how that weaves into their overall approach to brand execution and implementation
- Define larger design strategies to ensure any and all designs and copy represents the brand well
- Owning the creation and evolution of the UI component design ecosystem based on their digital brand and coordinating the development/updates to the relevant UI style guides and assets
- Collaborate with UX & CRO to validate designs on a regular basis
- Work with development teams to help ensure the best product is being produced
- Develop & follow UI design style guides and share best practiced about how digital brands are developed
- Collaborate with the Marketing team about brand and UI design/copy execution strategies
- Updating related stakeholders about both day to day work and larger strategic pieces the UI team will be working on at regular intervals.
- Researching and presenting UI and Brand related innovations out in the industry
- Help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts
What they're looking for:
- Someone with extensive experience in creating consumer-oriented experiences ideally in the pharmaceutical or a heavily regulated industry
- Experience managing creative teams
- Experience designing user interface for both responsive web and at least one app platform (iOS or Android) or proven creative direction chops for at least two of these platforms
- Experience designing for e-commerce and complex app experience is required
- Experience in brand creation, interpretation and implementation a big plus
- Skilled in design and prototyping tooling and ability to maximise their capacity for validated learning, collaboration and communication.
- Working knowledge of UX required; enough to question and challenge UX designers' recommendations, especially in relation to valid hypotheses and research backed solutions
- Design Degree or equivalent degree
- Proficiency in Google Analytics
- Proficiency in insight and marketer tools such as Qubit, Hotjar desirable
- Appreciation of developer tools and the relationship between design and dev
For more information get in touch with Tom Byrne at Forward Role on 07 585 221 031 or email@example.com
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.