There is an exciting opportunity as the Head of eCommerce to be the commercial lead of the team, tasked with the continuation of growth, driving online demand and ensuring the delivery of the best possible customer experience throughout their journey.
The successful candidate will have a strong commercial drive and acumen, and a customer-first attitude, with proven experience in a digitally led ecommerce retail environment. Understanding and championing the customer, with a strong opinion to shape and drive the forward strategy. Experienced in leading commercial marketing and ecommerce teams, with a clear results focus, excited by change and innovation.
- To lead and deliver the commercial offer and drive online sales for the website, working to forecasts and managing and delivering the commercial plan.
- Lead the team to manage the in-season trading of products online; launching new phases of products, managing in-season trading and sales, driving improvements in category bounce rate and conversion and optimising the product offer for core customer groups and business targets.
- Be the customer champion; develop a close understanding of customer behaviour using data, customer research and customer reviews. Manage and take the lead on delivering the best customer experience possible leading your teams to optimise the online performance of prospects, new and existing customers, cash and credit, to deliver against customer performance goals such as demand per account and response rate.
- Use data to develop insights into online customer behaviour and using this data, identify opportunities for improvement in performance and create effective strategies to optimise performance.
- Inspire and engage our customers through the delivery of the brand experience across our websites and all communications, working closely with the brand teams to deliver the brand personality and objectives; creating inspiring content, including homepage content, content through the customer journey developing strategies to use the brand experience to drive engagement and loyalty.
- Lead ecommerce acceleration across a number of different initiatives, implement a squad approach to ensure best practice techniques are achieved.
- Identify and understand opportunities to improve performance in the market by watching competitors and the market, identify commercial strategies, emerging technologies, developments and innovations and strategies and inform and champion these as appropriate.
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate the team to delivery their objectives, helping to establish strategies, identify opportunities, seek out efficiencies and deliver the team objectives and return on investment.
- Strong analytical, profiling, financial planning, campaign and project management skill set.
- High level of commercial acumen with a retailing focus.
- High level of passion and enthusiasm in communications across a variety of media.
- Positive and enthusiastic leader with high energy who can work collaboratively and develop teams.
- Ability to build relationships and influence and manage stakeholders across the business.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- Manchester City Centre
- £45k - 55k per year
Head of Content Manchester City Centre £45,000 - £55,000 Forward Role are currently working with one of the fastest growing tech businesses in the North, growing from 50 employees to 200 employees in less than a year. This is the ideal time to be joining the business as the growth won't be stoppi...
- £50k - 70k per year
Head of Social Media Greater Manchester £50,000-£70,000 Our Client Our client is a multichannel retail giant and is a sought after company operating on a global scale. They are a market leader and due to continued expansion they are seeking a Head of Social Media to join the business at a group l...
- Manchester City Centre
- £50k - 65k per year
This is a brand new role for this disruptive aggregator in the eCommerce world as they look to bring in a Head of Digital Marketing who are growing their digital marketing team based from their Head Office in Manchester City Centre. You’ll report directly into the MD and shape the businesses cont...
- St Helens
- £75k - 85k per year
A new position has arisen for an experienced and results-driven Head of Digital Marketing to join and lead our marketing team. Based in St Helens this is an exceptional opportunity for a talented and experienced Digital and Analytical Marketeer to join our award winning, highly innovative health ...