£70k - 100k per year
11 months ago
A proven Head of eCommerce is sought for a leading fast fashion brand, which has seen exponential growth thanks to international expansion and wholesale partnerships.
Within this role, you will be lead the eCommerce strategy and customer experience across all digital platforms. You will own all the websites and apps and will analyse and review and make recommendations to improve sales, drive conversion and increase average order size.
- Develop and lead the e-commerce strategy across all website and apps
- Manage website structure, navigation, performance and functionality across devices
- Expert lead in UX, UI, and user-centric design including the development of user experience prototypes and running customer labs
- In conjunction with colleagues across the business, oversee the development and execution of strategic and tactical e-commerce plans and development, website design, customer service (e.g. chat on site) and web analytics
- Lead the development of personalisation capability across website and app, leading to higher customer engagement, higher conversion rates and more purchases
- Responsible for site/app e-commerce roadmap including personalisation, dynamic merchandising and social proofing, e.g. ratings & reviews, product recommendations
- Responsible for all elements of the online customer experience on all channels including desktop, mobile and tablet.
- Develop and manage the effective planning, execution and QC of content across the websites and work with Trading & Marketing to align online marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of web content
- Lead a best practice approach to make the most of our search and navigation user-based journeys
- Lead a culture that develops a daily optimisation routine to improve on the main conversion levers
- Work with our IT team to ensure that the sites and App are performing in terms of speed and efficiency and ensure that performance is built into all new digital enhancements
- Develop the strategy for new and emerging channels that will enhance the user experience
- Own the eCommerce element of single customer view by implementing tools, techniques and processes that allow customers to buy in all channels seamlessly and provide the data infrastructure to allow us to track channel behaviour and interaction
- Became the ‘business expert’ for eCommerce/digital related projects and ‘own’ the Digital strategy within the business
- Management of web analytics and customer experience monitoring methodologies within eCommerce
- Communicating relevant analysis and information across ecommerce, executive leadership and wider organisation
- Manage the production and roll out of sites to new territories ensuring appropriateness of offer and localisation of content including translation
- Direct and manage internal and external teams as well as external agencies and suppliers.
- Lead a team of eCommerce/digital product owners, optimisation specialists, and UX/UI designers.
- Minimum 7 years eCommerce and Digital experience in an e-commerce environment
- Previous experience within this role is essential
- A track record of delivering and developing best in class websites/apps
- Proven experience in implementing optimisation, online testing, and personalisation capabilities
- Solid understanding of Website analytics and ideally of Google Analytics
- Expert in driving up conversion rates on eCommerce products
- Understands and operates agile method of digital delivery
- Understanding of wider marketing
- Keeps abreast of eCommerce/digital trends and new innovations
- Thorough and meticulous with extreme attention to detail.
- Self motivated, uses initiative and problem solver
- Work to tight deadlines with a can do attitude
- A passion for innovation within the eCommerce and digital space
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.