Manchester City Centre
£60k - 75k per year
0161 914 8558
5 months ago
SimpliSafe is an award-winning home security business providing great value plug and play products. With over three million loyal customers in the US and backed by one of the world's leading venture capitalists Hellman & Friedman, their ambition is to become a global brand – starting with a European head office in Manchester.
Simplisafe’s mission is to ‘make every home secure’ and with beautifully designed, easy to install hardware, coupled with a world class user experience, customers can create their own bespoke security system to suit every home.
Simplisafe is already the fastest growing brand in the home security sector and they’re looking for marketers who can continue to drive their growth in the UK and Europe.
If you’re looking to work in a well backed technology & ecommerce scale up with a flat structure and an entrepreneurial culture where the best idea wins, then this will be a great opportunity for you.
Head of Marketing role purpose:
You will create and drive SimpliSafe’s UK Marketing, Brand, PR and Digital marketing initiatives. Working alongside the UK General Manager (Commercial Director) and with the help of Carat, you will be responsible for the commercial success of SimpliSafe and for building the marketing team to support the businesses goals.
You will manage a team of content, PR, Social, SEO, Trading and Analytics specialists to maximise the brand and trading performance of Simplisafe in the UK.
- Establish multi-channel marketing strategies based on market research and forecasts
- Devise and implement cutting-edge and successful brand & PR campaigns
- Managing and taking the lead on delivering a best in class customer experience.
- Approve and oversee the creative development of promotional material, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects
- Using data to develop insights into online customer behaviour and create effective strategies to optimise performance.
- Inspiring and engaging the customers through the delivery of the brand experience and online touchpoints.
- Identifying and understanding opportunities to improve performance.
- Work with the General Manager to monitor and report on effectiveness of all digital and marketing communications
- Work alongside the General Manager to optimise the activities of the agency in Performance Marketing.
- Keep abreast of all marketing and industry development and trends to ensure the company utilises all relevant marketing techniques, methods and media
- Oversee current offerings and establish new initiatives for new products or services
- Research and analyses market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies
- Work with marketing team to develop detailed marketing plans for all media channels and sales teams
- Communicate with various media buyers, advertising agencies, printers, and other services to help marketing projects come to fruition
- Provide in-depth information to interested clients, and acts as a representative for the marketing department in important buyer meetings
- Work within the department budget to develop cost-effective marketing plans for each product or service
- Track all marketing and sales data and creates detailed written reports and verbal presentations to bring to senior executives
- Interview, hire, and train new marketing team members
- Adjust marketing campaigns and strategies as needed in response to collected data and other feedback
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or a Related Field
- Strong drive and business acumen with the ability to demonstrate a customer-first attitude.
- Successful experience in an online retail environment would be desirable
- A strong opinion to shape and the ability to drive the strategy forward.
- A commercial understanding and championing of customers.
- Marketing Strategy, Media Channels, Client Relationships, Creativity, Adaptability, Research, Analysis, Writing, Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, Leadership, People Management, Detail-Orientated, Budgeting, Organisation, Multi-Tasking
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.