£80k - 100k per year
Head of Marketing
£80,000 - £100,000 + benefits + bonus
Berkshire (with flexibility)
This high growth online and store retailer is looking for a new Head of Marketing to drive the overall marketing strategy, continue to build the brand and their loyal customer base. This fantastic business has nearly doubled in size in the last 6 months so this role will be pivotal in turbo charging the business onto the next stage. This senior leadership role will report directly to the COO and work closely with department heads across product, commercial, development and retail. The successful candidate will be confident in their ability to hit the ground running, achieve growth and lead the team to deliver excellent value from all marketing activities.
- Grow orders through new customer acquisition and through targeted and relevant communications to the existing base of customers.
- Define and execute marketing strategy, ensuring a future focus and alignment with the strategic outcomes of the business.
- Lead on all aspects of marketing for the business covering customer acquisition, conversion, retention, and optimisation and supporting across data and analytics.
- Own and drive the marketing calendar covering all campaigns, product launches and supplier funded and supported partnership activity.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the marketing team with a long-term focus on establishing an in-house marketing centre of excellence.
- Prepare monthly and annual marketing channel and activity forecasts to support financial budgeting.
- Manage agency relationships, costs and performance targets to ensure best value for the business.
- Build key audiences, personas, and other targeting criteria in order to test and deploy specific campaigns to support growth.
- Support the product and commercial teams in devising innovative marketing campaigns to support network, manufacturer, and other 3rd party partners.
- Create weekly marketing management information to ensure all stakeholders are clear on performance of marketing channels, campaigns, and future activities.
- Prepared to participate across the full spectrum of business activities and operations to ensure they deliver a consistently great customer experience.
- Champion new and innovative routes to market - whether through new marketing activities to build their brand(s) awareness or through strategic partnerships to drive long term growth.
- Develop competitive intelligence reporting to provide insight into competitor activities and investment strategies.
- Develop the brand proposition and creative ensuring its consistent roll-out across online, retail and through our customer contact centre.
- Experience in a senior digitally focused marketing role, ideally within a fast-paced ecommerce / retail environment.
- Leadership experience, particularly with digital marketing or product marketing teams. Retail marketing experience useful.
- Experience of fixed CPA and variable marketing channel commercial models essential.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of growing a business / product / service through performance marketing.
- Marketing qualifications preferred but not essential, we are looking for a candidate with an in-depth understanding of key marketing principles.
- Proficient in Google Analytics / Enhanced Analytics.
- Working knowledge of Google Marketing stack technologies beneficial e.g., Google Ads, SA360, DV360, Data Studio and more.
- Strong communicator, confident and ready to build strong working relationships across a young, entrepreneurial business experiencing fast paced growth.
- Experience with CRM software - examples of customer or audience led marketing will form part of the interview process.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.