£50k - 60k per year
Head of Marketing
£50,000 - £60,000
This private equity backed growing retail organisation is looking for a digitally focused Head of Marketing to lead the team and provide best-in-class marketing strategy to deliver their business growth plans. The role will suit an energetic and inspiring marketing leader with a strong background in CRM and with a proven and successful track record of defining and delivering integrated marketing strategies.
- Build out the marketing strategy to achieve budget and future strategic direction incorporating member forecasting and driving revenue and engagement growth.
- Proactively identify and champion areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Research competition, investigate benchmarks and drive recommendations.
- Ownership and co-ordination of all 3rd party / digital agency relationships responsible for delivery of marketing activity.
- Ownership for all marketing activity across all channels and ensure these are streamlined where possible to support multiple affinities.
- Ownership for the marketing schedule including the channel and content requirements, the audience selections and the product proposition across all channels.
- Responsible for content and design requirements to support the campaign requirements.
- Accountable for the execution of campaigns, ensuring the content is of the highest standard
- Work with the team to create and develop the Marketing Calendar in advance and ensure this follows the marketing strategy.
- Ensure web optimisation is in place to improve member web experience including the identification and removal of friction points within the member journey and maximise conversion.
- Ensure optimisation of social media channels across all schemes.
- Work with the digital agency to development and maintain brand values, content, design and materials to meet brand and campaign objectives.
- Ensure consistency around brand values, brand positioning, and tone of voice for each scheme.
- Accountable for setting creative direction (film, photography, brand identity and design) and owning brand guidelines across all channels, leading for consistent implementation across all touchpoints.
- Production of external documents e.g. media pack to support business development requirements and opportunities (working with Partnerships).
- Work with the Data Team to ensure they can measure and understand the value of brand building exercises and report on the effectiveness of activity.
- Responsible for the companies Brand strategy and future brand developments.
- Ownership for new scheme launches including project management and responsibility for all creative and channel requirements to support new scheme launches
- Manage the team effectively in terms of Performance Excellence through clear goal setting, development plans and addressing areas of support or improvement
Person / Skills required:
- Highly accomplished and experienced Digital Marketer with proven track record in performance marketing across CRM
- A strong leader who can inspire and manage the marketing function with a positive, can do attitude.
- Superior communicator with capability to develop strong working relationships, gain the credibility and work effectively and collaboratively with other team members.
- Self-motivator with ability to proactively drive business growth and use enthusiasm to lead the marketing function and seek, identify and drive growth opportunities and business improvements.
- Highly organised with strong planning and organisational skills and clearly able to work effectively at an agile and face pace whilst handling multiple priorities and work flows.
- Hands on, flexible team player but with the ability to effectively delegate to the team and with proven skills in people management.
- Responds positively and effectively to business demands, is a confident quick learner with good problem-solving skills and decision-making under pressure.
- Strong commercial acumen backed with excellent judgement skills and ability to ensure ideas and initiatives are backed with intelligent logic and analysis.
- Displays a passion for digital marketing and is at the forefront of industry developments with a very strong interest and knowledge in keeping abreast of technology and new opportunities and brings these to the Senior Leadership Team for consideration.
- Exceptional numeracy and analytical skills with ability to interpret management data, identify problems and propose and implement solutions.
- Degree or professional qualification in marketing or equivalent experience.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.