£40k - 55k per year
about 1 year ago
Head of Paid Digital
Lancashire based with hybrid working in the office and at home
£40,000 - £55,000
Privately backed SAAS eCommerce business with global networks
The successful candidate will manage the overall day-to-day running of domestic and international paid for digital marketing campaigns for our eCommerce services. This is a unique opportunity for someone with proven paid search experience and success to drive forward our Clients Brand and market share following recent private equity investment and further expansion into the European and US markets.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of all aspects of paid performance marketing, working closely with other members of the sales and marketing team to help take the company’s paid digital strategy and delivery to the next level. You will play a key role in evolving our paid search direction ensuring we stay at the forefront of our industry.
The successful candidate will be solely responsible for developing paid strategy but also building the team and resources underneath them in the years to come. The role will give the right person the autonomy to create their vision for paid marketing that allow the both the business and Head of Paid Digital themselves the ability to grow and develop in a vibrant and emerging eCommerce sector.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Paid Digital
- Daily account management of our paid search and paid social accounts
- Ensure all paid search/PPC campaigns are constantly reviewed and improved to ensure maximum ROI on budget spend
- Management of paid search/PPC planning, forecasting and reconciliation processes
- Manage, maintain and build audiences for targeting and re-targeting
- Generate weekly and monthly reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, revenue tracking, and other paid search initiatives
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out any key areas of importance in accordance with company goals
- Develop, manage and administer an effective paid digital strategy and develop a best-in-class approach to an agreed budget
- Work alongside our Campaign Manager and Brand Manager to integrate paid digital strategies into the company’s overarching marketing plan and create/deploy target audiences to aid conversion
- Manage and execute the day-to-day implementation of the paid search account including ad copy changes, keyword analysis, account optimisation and budget checks
- Be the main point of contact for the ongoing performance of our paid digital activity
- Work alongside fellow team members in optimising landing pages for conversion
- Conducting regular competitor analysis
- Ensure all activity is effectively tracked monitor the evolution of the industry and keep up-to-date with the latest trends and best practice
- Work with the CRO to define the team structure, roles and resourcing needed for acquisition marketing going forward
- Work with internal stakeholders to refine or devise marketing metrics and KPIs as needed to inform ROI
- Measure and report on paid marketing effectiveness across all channels with a focus on maximising ROI and new client acquisition
- Connect paid activity, ROI and outcomes to the businesses top line goals and focus
The key skills and attributes of the Head of Paid Digital
- Educated to degree level.
- Proven, successful digital acquisition track record with 3 years plus experience
- Experience in leading the formation and roll-out of a paid digital marketing strategy
- Must have a strong strategic ability and passion for data and analytics whilst also being able to roll the strategy out
- Deep experience of Google, LinkedIn and Facebook Ads as well as other digital advertising platforms
- Experience of building and improving the analytics and metrics required to inform ROI driven digital marketing.
- Deep specialist knowledge of digital acquisition channels, especially paid search via Google and all social media platforms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Experience of working with senior or board level stakeholders would be advantageous
- Expert knowledge of website analytics tools
- Good planning and organisation skills – able to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Comfortable working under pressure and with ambitious targets
- Full understanding of lead generation/marketing functions
- Experience using marketing automation tools
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.