£21k - 27k per year
Forward Role are partnered with a well-established engineering business who provide services for multi-national energy companies.
The primary objective of the role is to act as first point of contact for internal customers, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems and/or escalate to the 2nd line support team to investigate and resolve. On a daily basis, the applicant will maintain ownership of faults and provide timely updates to internal customers ensuring faults are given the correct level of priority and meeting service level agreements.
We are looking for a candidate who has a good technical foundation in a first\second line service desk role and also excellent customer service skills, a willingness to pick the phone and liaise with our customers.
There is opportunity for the right candidate to develop further within the department.
- Act as a single point of contact for IT issues and queries.
- Provide 1st Line Support and resolve a high percentage of incoming IT Support requests upon the first contact including troubleshooting of IT related issues (software & hardware).
- Ensure a swift response and analysis of new requests, escalating promptly if required.
- Assess the business impact of IT Incidents and accurately assign SLAs and follow escalation procedures as directed.
- Answer incoming calls and record details of the fault / request in GBS service desk software - a high level of detail and accuracy is required.
- Take ownership of user issues, follow up the status on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner following through to conclusion.
- Be fully conversant with Incident Management and SLAs.
- Follow procedures, maintain documentation and standards and collate and submit asset information as required.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Present a positive and helpful attitude to business customers.
- Provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends as required.
- Publish, update and utilise support documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to assist staff with requests for information.
- Arrange for Third Party support where problems cannot be resolved in house. Liaise with and manage Third Party Suppliers in relation to resolving issues proactively to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to.
- Be prepared to work out of hours if required (to be discussed & mutually agreed on a case by case basis where applicable).
- To work under the direction of the Service Desk Manager.
- Always be “Service Oriented’ and look to improve the level of service to the Business.
- Any other duties required to meet the SLAs and Business Objectives
- Support the Information Security Manager on GRC activity
- Analysing and investigating security and phishing alerts
- Assist with the Cyber Training & Awareness Programme
- Assist with security incidents
- With other IT teams, ensure systems patching is at the correct level and vulnerabilities outstanding cleared
- Create modify and review reports and dashboards from security reporting tools
- Assist with the rollout of new security technologies
- Maintain/troubleshoot issues within the James Fisher security infrastructure
- Keep up to date with the latest security, vulnerability and technology developments.
- Experience of Cyber Essentials, Vulnerability Management, Rapid 7.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and telephone manner.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication.
- Understanding of Change Management process.
- Ability to manage own workload and able to deal with a diverse range of requests and user queries.
- Ability to deal with differing levels of IT awareness, from within own team and user base.
- Any IT or service management qualifications would be desirable.
- Reasonable comprehension of server and networking technology and protocols.
- Good all-round experience of desktop software products in particular Microsoft Office and Exchange.
- Understanding of ITIL methodology – ITIL Foundation qualification desirable.
- Experience in 3rd party contract liaison.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated with a desire to provide excellent customer service.
Interested? Get in touch.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.