£55k - 65k per year + Excellent Benefits
Our client, a leading global FMCG business, has created a new Innovation Manager role to help bring focus to the front end of their Innovation process.
It will be the engine that drives ideation, using traditional and new insight avenues, helping to bring to life compelling new consumer focused products and brands.
You will identify and establish new processes and ways of working to fill the Innovation Hopper, build Gate 0 propositions for Exec review, test and validate concepts to Gate 1 approval at monthly Innovation Board Reviews.
Partnering with the Insight and Brand Teams you will employ a consumer first mindset to help define the future product vision, innovation strategy and roadmap, to enable the ambitious growth targets across categories (existing and new). An understanding of the brand strategy is central to ensuring all activities are planned to coincide with their objectives. Equally, you will work closely with Commercial teams to develop a clear understanding of customer needs and the requirements to build compelling innovation plans.
At the heart of this role is the gathering of valuable insights from many sources, and then translating them into emerging and future macro and micro trends, new technologies, processes etc. to fill the Innovation Hopper with credible ideas for validation. You will champion the building of an innovation mindset in the business and help create a culture for innovation.
Working closely with Innovation and Commercialisation Project Managers, Supply Chain and Operations, you will foster a spirt of collaboration and comprise to achieve goals. When faced by barriers blocking your speed, you will manage individuals to overcome these barriers with quick and smart ways ensuring unhindered progress.
- Build new process and ways of working to drive ideation, concept and product testing
- Design, research, develop, analyse and suggest new product concepts as well as strategies
- Data/Insights gathering and analysis to develop ideas to fill the Hopper
- Develop Gate 0 & gate 1 documents for Exec Approval at Innovation Board Review
- Prepare and present at monthly Innovation Board (Hopper, G0 & G1)
- Support customer presentations
- Establish, track, and evaluate KPIs
- Monthly reporting
- Be an innovation champion and help build a culture of ideation
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Help to maintain a strong team culture both within NPI and the wider business
- Work towards the company values and behaviours
- Create a pipeline of innovative margin accretive opportunities
- Drive timelines to deliver Big Bet Innovation to plan and in budget
- Identify KPIs
- Develop and implement base Process, Governance, Ways of Working, KPIs and reporting in conjunction with the Group NPI Director
- Educate the business on our new approach to innovation
- Champion innovation and build innovation networks internally and externally
- University degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Proven track record in brand/product development/front end Innovation
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics to inform strategy and prioritisation
- Proven track record in managing multiple innovation projects
- Curious, creative, and passionate about the drinks industry
- Conceptual thinker, able to use research from diverse sources and make projections on future trends to drive ideas into the Innovation Hopper and build QBs Innovation Strategy
- Product design or development experience - ideally working in front end innovation stages of the development cycle
- Strong consumer intuition cultivated through experience of building a brand
- Is data driven to connect the dots to find new opportunities and ideas to fill the Innovation Hopper with consumer centric innovation
- Proven track record in driving multiple projects, you find ways to keep projects moving forward
- Previous experience managing partners (agencies, suppliers etc)
- Confident to lead customer facing presentations to support innovation sell in
- Good understanding of financials is an advantage
- Open to new ideas and driving new ways to find emerging trends, challenging the status quo
- Self-driven and comfort with ambiguity and able to adapt in less-structured environments
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and planning skills, gets things done through people
- Can demonstrate experience of building relationships to earn trust, respect, credibility
- Has the ability to adapt and be flexible as business priorities change
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves or stretch to take on anything a project needs to succeed
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.