£28k - 30k per year
Junior Cyber Security Analyst
Up to £30k
Forward Role have partnered with a leading UK holiday home rental agency, who are currently embarking on their biggest period of growth EVER. Due to this, they are looking to bring a new Junior Cyber Security Analyst into their Chester based team.
If you have a keen interest in cyber security and are looking to join an industry leading business with a collaborative technology department then this role is the perfect opportunity for you. The Junior Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for monitoring, managing, and maintaining the security of the IT infrastructure for the company, reporting into the Head of Cyber Security.
• keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments.
• Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them.
• Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised, or illegal activity.
• Support testing and evaluate security products.
• Use advanced analytic tools to determine web based and application threat patterns and vulnerabilities (Tenable).
• Investigate security alerts and provide incident response for 1st line incidents.
• Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorised system users.
• Assist in generation of reports for both technical and non-technical staff.
• Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security.
• Assist with the creation, maintenance, and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues.
• Give advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
• Promote the company security policy, security standards and where compliance risks are identified escalate.
• Identify relevant training and development needs of the role, which will be supported by the business and assist in your own development.
What do we need from you?
• A keen interest in cyber security with an enthusiasm for personal and professional growth.
• ISO 27001 & Cyber Essentials Awareness.
• IT systems and network configuration, specific to Cyber threat and remediation.
• Office 365 Suite.
• Understanding of GDPR.
• Working knowledge of M365 Security and Compliance.
• Working knowledge of Powershell.
• Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware, and security tools.
• An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ability to investigate ways to manage them
• Teamworking skills to collaborate with team members and clients
• An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.