£50k - 60k per year + Excellent Benefits
0161 641 5545
6 months ago
Our client is a rapid-growth tech business with offices across the UK and they require a Marketing Automation Manager to work remotely with weekly visits to their offices in Birmingham.
This role is critical to ensuring marketing is transparent and accountable in demonstrating ROI and that the function ultimately drives tangible business growth. As such you will be responsible for digital strategy (including leading the project that delivers our new best-in-class website), marketing automation (injecting great practice into our team to drive lead generation and scaling up our use of Marketo) and marketing operations (Devising a marketing operations playbook, embedding it into our ways of working and delivery regular reports to senior stakeholders).
- Develop and deliver a group digital strategy, in collaboration with marketing and sales colleagues across central teams and business units, covering website presence and social media and social selling.
- Working with an external agency partner and internal stakeholders, lead the project to devise and deliver a new best-in-class website that consolidates/supersedes existing sites.
- Ongoing ownership of the new website and our chosen social media channels, injecting best practice and ensuring the proper governance model is developed and in place.
- Explore and assess viability of e-commerce for SaaS products, working with business unit marketing colleagues to implement if approved.
- Work with marketing team colleagues to drive tangible improvements in organic search results, and provide guidance and advice on paid search/AdWords.
- Work with colleagues in the Systems team to ensure website security, hosting and maintenance. And ensure a suitable system is in place for domain names and renewals.
- Review and manage the platforms and tech stack in use, standardising where it makes sense in order to drive ROI.
- Continually review the market, trends and new technologies to ensure we remain ahead of the competition in all things digital marketing.
- Upskill and coach the marketing team on online and social media advertising best practice.
- Financial planning and budgeting for all aspects of spend related to the Martech stack.
Marketing Automation (Marketo)
- Roll-out Marketo across marketing (currently in use in one business unit)
- Act as the subject expert on marketing automation (Marketo) best practice and work to upskill and coach marketing colleagues.
- Company product owner and expert on marketing automation.
- Ensure optimum set-up, processes and practices are in place for Marketo and Salesforce to enable marketing to demonstrate and report contribution/ROI for campaigns and key activities.
- Automate and improve data integrity operations (where possible).
- Working with colleagues in commercial and legal, ensure our approach to capturing, storing and using data is fully GDPR compliant.
- Provide guidance and advice to colleagues in Systems and Sales, on the tooling and use of Salesforce CRM and Marketo, to ensure ROI is possible and effective process are in place.
- Engage with external consultancies and specialists as needed to help accelerate lead generation and support the overall delivery of the digital strategy.
- Devise and embed a marketing operations playbook covering campaign set-up, naming conventions and consistent management and measurement of the lead-opportunity funnel.
- Build, manage and maintain dashboards for reporting with information pulled from multiple sources including Marketo and Salesforce.
- Play a key role in helping to transition the marketing function to drive quality leads, feed the sales funnel and ensure appropriate follow-up and closed-loop reporting from colleagues in Sales.
- Build knowledge across the marketing team of good practice in marketing operations to drive both effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work with the Global Head of Marketing to devise and deliver regular reporting on key metrics for marketing ROI to senior stakeholders, and on campaign and channel effectiveness to marketing colleagues to improve approach.
- Continually evaluate Marketing operations, and optimise/change where needed to drive marketing ROI or efficiency.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Relevant marketing (e.g. CIM) or digital qualifications (e.g. Certification in Marketo)
- Deep expertise in implementation, and use of, marketing automation – ideally Marketo
- Proven track record in a senior digital role in a large technology or business services provider
- Demonstrable experience working across all aspects of digital strategy, automation and marketing operations in a growing organisation.
- A digital leader with both commercial and technical expertise.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching colleagues on digital best practice.
- Strong project management skills and organisational skills.
- Experience and knowledge of CRM (ideally Salesforce).
- Experience in CMS/web platforms like WordPress, Acquia or similar.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into actionable marketing or business insight.
- Certification in Marketo highly desirable.
- Significant involvement in, or leading, a project to develop and launch a new website for an organisation.
- Digital and social media advertising experience.
- Wide range of digital experience from a number of different commercial environments or companies.
- Knowledge of lead generation best practice in a SaaS environment.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.