Manchester City Centre
£30k - 40k per year
0161 914 8558
about 2 years ago
This is an exciting new B2C Marketing Manager role for a growing Travel Tech business based in Manchester. They are due to receive a round of funding and will be building a new Marketing team at the beginning of next year. They are looking for a hands on / commercial marketer to drive digital acquisition through SEO/PPC and to grow the brand through strong campaign activity. From the outset you’ll be rolling your sleeves up, leading from the front and helping to drive revenue in their chosen markets, mainly B2C but with an element of B2B.
- Produce valuable and engaging SEO focussed content for our website and blogs that attracts and converts our target groups.
- Undertake regular SEO audits on the sites and action changes to ensure they operate efficiently. Build backlink outreach programmes as well as other off page SEO activity such as PR.
- Build on our marketable email list and create campaigns that retain customers and drive revenue.
- Support in the creation and implementation of an annual marketing plan for all seasons and brands, clearly showing each activity, the budget and the expected ROI of it. This must be produced with the aim of exceeding the sales revenue and profit targets set out for the company for that year.
- Produce marketing reports, including sales stats and future plans to show how the company is performing against its targets and how it will continue to do so.
- Work with any agencies, freelancers and our developers, to propose enhancements to their system or website that will help the marketing department, or improve customer retention, conversion or acquisition.
- Manage the affiliate network, providing timely updates to them and on-boarding new partners.
- Paid media including remarketing, PPC and display media are relatively under-utilised channels where we need a clear and effective plan to ensure a good return on the investment.
- Using market research to develop compelling insights and data to support your plans.
- Manage and develop their social media presence to engage and reach our target audiences.
- Lead generation, preparation of marketing collateral, creating and implementing targeted emails to support the B2B sales team.
- Preparing for and attending relevant exhibitions, events and awards.
- Patrolling and rectifying partnership activity to ensure it is kept up to date, on brand and active.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
Key Success Criteria/KPIs
- Increase traffic to the websites through SEO content development.
- Increase social media engagement levels with quantifiable effects.
- In addition to hitting the revenue targets for any brand, you will be expected to remain within the agreed budget constraints for the marketing department including wages, freelance costs, commission, expenses, marketing and development.
- You will be judged on a range of factors including; new customers gained in existing territories; new customer numbers in new territories (inbound and outbound markets); improvements to customer retention rates and improvements to customer booking conversion rates.
- Experience in online and offline marketing, with the potential and attitude required to continue learning. Of the two, expertise in online marketing is of greater importance due to the nature of our business.
- Excellent written and verbal commutations skills
- Great organisational and reporting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent practical skills in WordPress and Google Analytics. Knowledge of Hubspot, MailChimp, Zapier, and MS Office suite would also be an advantage.
- A desire to keep up to date with marketing trends and best practice.
- Experience within the travel industry is useful but not essential.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.