The Segment Marketing Specialist is responsible for driving the growth and development of the Segments in EMEA. In collaboration with the Sales and Technical teams, the Segment Marketing Specialist has strategic ownership of the development of country and Segment growth plans, of supporting their implementation and of accelerating business development activities for the Segments with target lead customers for our client in Europe. They will also be responsible for identifying unmet needs and generating innovation briefs for new products to address these.
Segment Growth Plans – Development and Segment Growth Plans
- Support the implementation of the Segment segmentation work, working hand in hand with the Segments team to drive sales in priority Segments
- For all Segments, outline detailed growth plans; Implementation will be through country growth plans
- Leverage learnings and successes from other markets around the globe and implement as appropriate in Europe
- Design and deliver Segment specific presentations for use at customers; Support customer visits and gather insights and unmet needs first hand
- Ensure all relevant marketing collateral is up to date
Country Growth Plans – Development & Implementation
- In collaboration with the Marketing & Sales teams, develop detailed growth plans for key target countries in Europe [focus segments, customers, products and projects]
- Track implementation and report back to the business
- Support overall marketing team goals and programmes, ensuring they are suitably tailored based on the target country, to ensure success
- Assist regional sales managers as needed, including increasing awareness locally/regionally and driving leads
- Plan and host events to deepen relationships with customers and attract local prospects
- Works in partnership with the Sales (& Technical) teams to develop business at lead customers
- Competitor & Customer Intelligence
- Conduct regular competitive research on other products and companies in our industry – with specific focus on target markets and segment
- Craft customer surveys to gather data and insights and use these to inform marketing programmes
Product Launches – accelerating sales growth
- Support the implementation of new product launches across the region, ensuring the value propositions and launch materials are tailored to the needs of the priority markets to help facilitate quicker uptake by customers
- Through country and Segment growth plans, ensure there is a focus on driving growth of recent launches and value added products
Gaps & Growth Opportunities - New Product Development
- Based on an in-depth understanding of market needs in target countries and Segments, identify gaps and opportunities for future growth
- Articulate unmet needs and develop innovation briefs for new product development and feed into regional / global innovation funnels
Marketing Communications Collateral
- Ensure all relevant Segment and product marketing collateral is up to date and relevant for target markets
- Develop new materials in collaboration with Marketing Communications team
- Interface with customers, industry specialists, trade associations etc to understand the market and develop formal and informal networks
- Use external network to support the validation of business growth plans and in the development of business cases for different projects
- Support customer visits in key markets and priority segments
- Execute VoC and consumer insight studies to validate key value propositions
Expand network in the European and other regions
- Develop broad set of working relationships across the G2M team and European business to facilitate project and program delivery
- Liaise with Marketers and other key stakeholders outside the region to ensure good connectivity and facilitate project and program delivery
- Participate in relevant teams to help understand and leverage successes from other markets into Europe
- Work with European Marketing team to deliver the key elements of the Marketing Excellence programme
- Keep up-to-date with the latest thinking and developments in Marketing
- Support the development of segment marketing expertise
The Successful Candidate should have
- Bachelors or Master’s degree or equivalent
- Solid experience in a marketing role preferably in an international environment OR someone with a technical background (Technical Service or Food Technology) who want to develop into Marketing, providing that they have strong business acumen.
- Experience of B2B marketing
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Flexible, responsive and works well on own initiative
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing) or equivalent would be an advantage
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- £20k - 30k per year
A unique opportunity has arisen to join an exciting B2B standards business based in Gloucester and help create and deliver their multichannel Marketing strategy. A stand-alone Marketing role, this is a key position and will work closely with the founder and director. Social Media and Content are ...
- Market related
Marketing Manager Leeds - Tech Sector Salary £DOE + Benefits This is a brilliant opportunity for a B2B lead generation experienced marketer to make the move in to a senior position within a market leading business. You will take the lead of the marketing team to drive lead generation across multi...
- £20k - 25k per year + Benefits
Marketing Co-Ordinator c£25k full time or pro rata part-time The Company: Established in 1934 and the subject of a management buyout in 2002, this UK soft-drinks manufacturer has seen impressive growth of c20% per year over recent years and now boasts a strong £9M turnover. Now owned and run by f...
- £30k - 35k per year
We’re working with an exciting business based in Manchester and Cheshire who are looking to recruit a Marketing Manager due to an internal promotion. The purpose of the role is to manage and deliver corporate and internal marketing activity for the Group, plus further B2B activity. Working within...