£30k - 35k per year
One of the North West's biggest retailers is looking for an Online Merchandising Manager.
This business is extremely forward thinking and innovative with a fantastic ethos. All employees (whether they work in HQ, in store or in factories) are well looked after and have a competitive benefits package. Sustainability, ethical sourcing, the environment and charitable courses are at the heart of the business so if you're looking to join a company which will not only progress your career, but cares for its people and the planet, then look no further!
You must have 3+ years experience within eCommerce/online merchandising and ideally you will have managed a team.
- Drive sales and conversion through strategic analysis and effective stock management
- Be responsible for planning and trading your areas with a focus on delivering maximum sales & profit and overseeing the performance of direct reports
- Identify and develop opportunities for sales growth including range development, bestsellers and category performance
- Deliver weekly and monthly trade reports
- P&L accountability for ecommerce channel including sales forecasting and budget planning for all departmental spend
- Trading & Promotions
- Be responsible for all on site pricing and markdown strategy with a view to maximise product sell through and hit margin targets
- Use Fredhopper or appropriate software to develop and maintain onsite search, navigation and category product rankings, helping to maximise commercial goals and drive conversion
- Oversee the seasonal category uploads and new products.
- Work closely with Campaign Team to align eCommerce stock buy with key marketing stories
- Maintain relationships with technology suppliers and back end teams to ensure tools are fully operational
- Be responsible for and assist in the guidance and development of you direct team
- Digital/ E-commerce experience – minimum 3 years
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Ability to see things through
- Commercial eye
- Strong feel for numbers analytics
- Team player
- Ability to work across departments
- Demonstrable creativity and usability
- Multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail and works well to deadlines
- Proactive self-starter
- Significant experience planning & delivering online merchandising strategies
- Strong leadership skills that will create an enthusiastic, engaged and skilled team
- Experience of managing search and promotions
- Ability to analyse data and make recommendations for change
- Innovative in approach and willing to develop & test new ideas in order to drive performance
- Demonstrable track record of developing and implementing business growth strategies that have delivered digital sales growth, ideally in a retail environment.
- Deep understanding of customer behaviour
- Experience of optimising web performance to drive conversion rates
- Ability to influence the team, peers and senior management
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.