£35k - 45k per year
Online QA Engineer
Forward Role Recruitment Technology Division is recruiting on behalf of a highly successful and large company who due to success and growth of their online business, are looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join their eCommerce development team. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the automated testing solutions to test code funtionality, system integration and end to end user experience for the companies eCommerce website, including their transactional and brand/marketing microsites.
The successful candidate will have prior experience working with automation frameworks within a continuous integration setting, as well as test/development environments, or technical support environments in relation to online interactivity and associated web technologies. The successful candidate will also be required to manually test new functionality where automation will not suffice.
What we need from you:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of automation and functional/UAT testing in an online or technical environment
- Strong organisational, problem solving, and analytical skills that it requires when testing software and providing operational support
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
- Proven experience in sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues in other areas of the business
- Posess a passion for both eCommerce and technology, and comfortable in business and technical environments
- Have an appreciation of stakeholder management
- Posess a logical way of thinking and excellent problem solving ability
- Must be highly self-motivated and very well organised in order to work well under pressure and manage your workload effectively
- Excellent interpersonal communication & influencing skills
- Confidence and experience in working with internal and external teams
Technical Skills required:
Previous experience of test automation frameworks eg:
- Continuous integration technologies (eg bitbucket pipelines)
- Shell scripting
- Source control (Git)
- Knowledge and expertise in agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP
- Experienced with writing use cases, specifications, workflows, test cases and documentation
- Expertise in testing web applications with cross-browser and device testing
- Knowledge and expertise in DB interrogation (SQL)
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.