£32k - 37k per year
Forward Role has exclusively partnered with an innovative retailer based close to Chester on the search for an Online Trading Manager.
As the Trading Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that there is a clear plan in place which enables digital sales growth through a strong online trading offering for your department. Working with the Marketing Activity team, you will create the base for all online activity as well as creating and executing online exclusive promotions.
The role will include working with product ranging and stock planning teams, email and digital marketing, suppliers and buyers to deliver maximum ROI and great availability our online customers. This role provides responsibility to trade your own department as well as feeding into the main online trading plan.
- Work closely with the activity planning team to plan and prioritise all on site activity
- Use key trends and events insight to forward plan deals and promotions and areas of focus
- Develop strong relationships with the Buying team to enable the best deals from suppliers
- Develop online exclusive promotions, annualising previous activity and opportunities for trade
- Use competitor and customer insight in order to make decisions in relation to the deals on site
- Review analytics platforms to provide insight and understanding into trading results
- Work closely with suppliers to create onsite annual activity plans and ad hoc trading initiatives
- Manage the execution on site and feedback the results, ensuring maximum ROI
- Nominate products for email selection based on seasonality, performance and driving sales and engagement
- Work with Supply Chain team to ensure stock has strong coverage in stores prior to promotion launches
Skills and Experience needed:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of retail, ecommerce or similar trading environment
- An understanding of ecommerce best practise, website metrics, data analysis, and reporting tools would be advantageous
- An understanding of Google analytics is preferable
- You need to have good attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
- An excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- You must be analytical and be comfortable reviewing data to find new, relevant ways of promoting products. Proficiency in Excel required
- You need to be motivated, organised and determined
- You need to be results driven, commercially aware and have problem solving abilities
- You need to be able to juggle multiple tasks, can work to a plan and work in a fast pace environment
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.