Operations Director/Head of Operations
FR Executive have been retained by a leading digital software consultancy to source an Operations Director/Head of Operations who is used to working in a digital agency/ consultancy environment.
Main purpose of role & level in the business:
Accountable for ensuring innovative digital services and platforms meet the user need, whilst ensuring a best in class delivery service is maintained with exceptional governance and quality standards. Empower and support teams to develop, learn and grow in a manner that is consistent with company values.
- Improve operational effectiveness including capacity planning, setting and measuring objectives, enabling teams and day to day leadership activities
- Manage change in an evolving business and implement new process and technology to drive efficiency
- Lead delivery across all services; overseeing resource management, delivery and operational success metrics
- Accountability for operational metrics, such as time-to-value and client satisfaction, as well as profitability targets and timely forecasting and reporting of project variables (revenue, staffing, work in progress, debt etc.)
- Develop and deliver a strategy for adding value to the client, ensuring that expectations are proactively managed, and issues addressed promptly and appropriately
- Leverage senior client relationships to support growth and business development
- Ensures that appropriate project governance arrangements and technical quality standards are developed and followed
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives within the Management and Leadership Capability
- Understands current thinking from the Technology, Experience Design and Consulting capabilities and drives alignment accordingly.
- Encourage innovation in technology and process both within the project and outside the project.
- Proactively assists with recruitment activities to enable stable organisational growth
Key skills and Requirements
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Demonstrable success managing cross-functional teams, potential delivery partners and/or third parties
- Substantial experience in managing and leading large teams including line management
- Evidence of developing and managing sound supplier relationships and good knowledge of at strong knowledge of software/applications development
- SCRUM/ AGILE certified – used to working in a structured Agile environment and a strong adopter of AGILE delivery
- Awareness of current technology trends and a sound understanding of contemporary software engineering practices and behaviours
- Experience of managing large-scale agile projects involving distributed teams
- Experience of user research, analytics and design disciplines and their contribution to the effective delivery of digital services and platforms
- Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve management and leadership practices within an organisation
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- £70k - 80k per year + Benefits
- Posted about 2 months ago
Head of IT Operations I am currently looking for a Head of IT Operations to oversee a team of IT Specialist responsible for improving the technology infrastructure, applications, desktop and service desk support services. You will effectively develop and implement strategies for service delivery ...
- £35k - 45k per year + Package
- Posted 10 days ago
We are looking for .Net Developers who have 2+ years of commercial experience under their belt and are looking for a new challenge in their career. The company is a hugely successful retailer with an award winning e-commerce presence and regularly amongst the top companies to work for. Many web a...
- £38k - 45k per year
- Posted 4 days ago
Forward Role Recruitment Technology Division is recruiting on behalf of a key player in the Transport Industry. An opportunity to join them at their Manchester HQ has become available as they are hiring for an IT Security and Data Officer. The purpose of the position is to provide IT security and...
- Manchester City Centre
- £45k - 55k per year
- Posted 5 days ago
Forward Role Recruitment Technology Division is recruiting on behalf of an award winning and innovative technology business based in Manchester City Centre. The business is set to scale and they now have an urgent require for multiple senior .Net Developers to hit the ground running with leading ...