about 1 year ago
Liquid error: internal
Software Engineer (Junior/Mid/Senior)
JD Sports – Multi-Channel Retailer
Market Rate Salary & Benefits
(Salary varies depending on level)
Forward Role has exclusively partnered with JD Sports and I’m looking to hire a Software Engineer to join their Order Management System (OMS) Team. As a Software Engineer in the OMS Team, you will be responsible for the development of new and existing applications and services within the OMS suite. The primary focus of the development will be PHP applications sitting on MySQL databases, but there are other languages and technologies within the suite.
• Develop and maintain services and applications that make up the OMS suite, primarily these applications are used to process customer order data through the system infrastructure and communicate other internal and external systems.
• Develop and maintain OMS user interfaces that are used in both back-office and retail spaces
• Test and deploy the developed software in the wider infrastructure
• Collaborate with the Product Manager, Software Architect, Product Owner, Problem Analysts to ensure that work is actioned in a timely and efficient manner
• Contribute to team success by such activities as, peer reviews, stand-ups, team discussions, peer programming, etc.
• Contribute to ensuring that any work produced is both to the highest standards and is ‘future proofed’ by use of appropriate and sustainable technologies
What do we need from you?
Experience of using the following languages, databases and technologies:
- Go Lang
- Node.js / TypeScript
- Cross browser CSS
- Git / Github / Sourcetree / Bitbucket
- Responsive HTML
- Experience of Agile working concepts and practises, in particular SCRUM
- Experience of deployment of mission-critical software in line with industry standards
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Experience in an e-Commerce environment
- You are passionate about software development
- You collaborate with and influence people at various levels with the ability to explain concepts in a jargon free manner that are sometimes confusing to people who may or may not be technically minded
- You possess strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You are passionate about continuous improvement and improving ways of working
- You model a learning and growth mindset
- You thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- At least 3 years commercial experience in and a degree in a Computer Science, Web, or Networking discipline
- AWS certification or experience
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.