The role of the Product & Campaign Manager is split across long- and short-term objectives. Long term the objective is to develop and deliver a product strategy that meets the business vision set by the Board. Short term objectives are to identify customer and market segments, develop direct sales campaigns to target these segments.
Supported by the Head of Sales & Marketing, the Product & Campaign Manager will be a central hub for critical information about our products, performance, market, competitors, ideal customers, key industry analysts, and many other constituencies. To succeed, they will need to continually gather and analyse data and business intelligence from all of these sources (as well as our internal sources like sales and account management) — and use this data to inform the evolution of product roadmaps, which they will develop and own.
They will have a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and challenges, identify opportunities and find the best way to segment and target these audiences using direct channels under an account based marketing approach to deliver against company sales objectives.
The Product & Campaign Manager will be transparent about prioritisation and roadmap process, be able to say “No,” but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand, will prioritise on value and be a data-driven decision maker & communicator.
The Product & Campaign Manager will have direct line management of a CRM Data Analyst.
- Translate business strategy into product strategy and drive action throughout the organisation to get new products to market and ensure product-market fit across the portfolio
- Drive profitable growth of products by managing all aspects of in-life products, including customer feedback, requirements, and issues
- Define & own the product roadmap – writing high-level requirements and communicating these effectively to development colleagues to deliver market-leading products
- Develop positioning and messaging to differentiate products in the market and ensure the marketing communications are supported with this information
- Develop a sales campaign plan to deliver the required business outcomes
- Scope and direct the segmentation and research of prospective customers in line with the campaign strategy
- Delivery of targeted sales campaigns, including data, insight, messaging and assets
- Create business cases for investment in above the line campaigns to support the sales campaign strategy
- Owner of prospect data within the business, owning the relationship with data providers, seeking alternatives and complementary sources when appropriate
- Lead and manage the onboarding and effectiveness of new and existing data initiatives
- Be an expert on the market including who the buyers are, how they buy and why and provide this insight to stakeholders on a regular basis
- Gain a complete understanding of the market by using live feeds, reports, market research, data collection, analysis and interpretation of market data to evaluate current and future trends and opportunities
- KPI setting / reporting for all campaigns creating management dashboards where needed in CRM
- Preparation of monthly senior management reports
- Work with the marketing manager to track ROI for digital/offline marketing campaigns.
- Plan and carry out campaign and product launches with the support of the marketing communications team
- Communicate the proposition to Sales (i.e. why customers should buy)
- Organise and support the delivery of product and sales campaign training Create and manage programs to generate demand for the product
- Develop the collateral and sales tools that support the selling process
The Product Manager will have a minimum of 5 years of B2B product management/marketing experience and have the education, skills and experience matching the framework below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or business related subject
- Target driven and able to work to deadlines
- Able to manage people, product, systems & tools
- Competitive analysis
- Data analysis
- Market segmentation
- CRM systems
- Able to develop and implement targeted sales campaigns
- Planning & Organisation
- 5 Years within a product role
- Direct experience delivering sales campaigns
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Sales Planning
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and within cross functional teams
- Willingness to invest in personal development
- Energy Industry Experience
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- £30k - 35k per year + Excellent Benefits
- Posted 2 months ago
Our client, an entrepreneurial B2B energy business is looking to recruit a Campaign Marketing Manager to join their team in a newly created role which will help drive continued growth. The role of Market Segmentation and Campaign Manager exists to identify customer and market segments, develop di...
- Manchester City Centre
- £35k - 40k per year
- Posted 3 months ago
B2C Campaign Manager £35,000 - £40,000 Manchester city centre As the Campaign Manager for this exciting established consumer tech brand launching into the UK, you will be the go-to campaign expert for the UK team. You will be working very closely with the Head of Marketing to develop the above th...
- £30k - 35k per year + Bonus & Benefits
- Posted about 1 month ago
Our client, a leading International manufacturing business are looking to recruit a Product Marketing Manager into their busy head-office team. The Product Manager will support the business in delivering product excellence and in developing new customer focussed product initiatives across the por...
- £40k - 45k per year + Excellent Benefits
- Posted 2 months ago
Our client, an entrepreneurial B2B energy business is looking to recruit a Product Marketing Manager to join their team in a newly created role which will help drive continued growth. The role of the Product Manager is to develop and deliver a product strategy that meets the long term business vi...