£30k - 40k per year
With over £150mill turnover, this heathcare brand is looking to bring in an experienced Product Manager to help them with their continued growth.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the product life cycle from customer and market insight through to launch and until discontinued. The PM will be a champion of their products across the business and also shares responsibility for the delivery of the profit targets for the products he or she is responsible for so must have a good balance between technical and commercial skills. They also play a key part in shaping the way products are communicated to our customers, identifying and describing key selling points and features based on customer needs. This team member will help us bring our new product ideas to market much more quickly, bringing forward revenues and delivering incremental profits to the business.
This is a 12 month fixied term contract, but could be perm if desired. Based in North Manchester, hybrid remote/office working.
About the role:
The Product Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Gather market and customer insights that will shape product development, carrying out different types of research to ensure the right products and specifications.
- Identify product opportunities and shape up product proposals based on the above market insights, benchmarking versus competition.
- Liaising with suppliers and the internal team to shape up specs and costs in line with above proposals.
- Work with Commercial Team in Putting together robust commercial product plans for both new and existing products that support the achievement of our financial goals.
- Finalising product specifications to ensure market competitiveness and product testing to ensure that quality aligns with the high standards expected by the business.
- Identify customer needs, shape messaging hierarchy, describe key selling features and own the product specifications document.
- Manage projects through the NPD Stage and Gate process, securing approval at each stage from concept through to launch, including internal team training.
- Manage the full product life cycle, maximising profitability and selling off stocks at the end of the products life. Identify and implement ongoing innovation and optimisation opportunities.
- Engage with Customer Service to get customer feedback for making ongoing improvements.
- Ultimately responsible for the successful performance of the products and categories he or she is responsible for.
- Product Management experience.
- Project Management Skills – Organisation skills, able to use Excel spreadsheets to plan and manage projects.
- Communication Skills – Needs to be able to communicate clearly and confidently both verbally and in writing at a variety of levels both internally and with suppliers.
- Numerate and Analytical – Needs to be able to analyse market data to support commercial decision making.
- High levels of drive and professionalism – Needs to set high personal standards and can motivate others to support the on-time delivery of NPD projects.
- Microsoft Office – Working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks or Photoshop would be an advantage, as would design, coding or other software experience.
Interested? Please apply today, if you would like more information please get in touch with Beth Price on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07732 689608.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.