Our client, an entrepreneurial B2B energy business is looking to recruit a Product Marketing Manager to join their team in a newly created role which will help drive continued growth.
The role of the Product Manager is to develop and deliver a product strategy that meets the long term business vision set by the Board. They will be responsible for the management and communication of this strategy to all of the relevant participants and stakeholders.
Supported by the Head of Sales & Marketing, the Product Manager will be a central hub for critical information about our products, performance, market, competitors, ideal customers, key industry analysts, and many other constituencies.
To succeed, they will need to continually gather and analyse data and business intelligence from all of these sources (as well as our internal sources like sales and account management) — and use this data to inform the evolution of product roadmaps, which they will develop and own.
The Product Manager will interact with a broad range of stakeholders and departments to ensure success, and they will need to translate the input and data gathered to build a case for many decisions presented within the roadmap.
The following behaviours will be required by the Product Manager:
1. Transparent about prioritisation and roadmap process
2. Ability to say “No,” but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand
3. Prioritise on value
4. Data-driven decision maker & communication
The responsibilities of the Product Manager fall under four core areas; Insight, Commercial,
Development & Sales Enablement.
The Product Manager will have direct responsibilities for these areas, specifically but not limited to
the following framework:
- • Translate business strategy into product strategy
- • Create & execute product strategy
- • Be an expert on the market including who the buyers are, how they buy and why
- • Provide insight to stakeholders on the product and market
- • Provide marketing communications with insights on key differentiators and messages
- • Drive profitable growth of products and own commercial performance and reporting
- • Manage all aspects of in-life products, including customer feedback, requirements, and
- • Define & own the product roadmap
- • Write high-level requirements and communicate these effectively to development
colleagues to deliver market-leading products
- • Develop positioning and messaging to differentiate products in the market
- • Plan and carry out product launches
- • Drive action throughout the organisation to get products to market
- • Communicate the proposition to Sales (i.e. why customers should buy)
- • Create and manage programs to generate demand for the product
- • Develop the collateral and sales tools that support the selling process
The Product Manager will have a minimum of 3 years of B2B product management/marketing
experience and have the education, skills and experience matching the framework below:
- • Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or business related subject
- • Product Management
- • People Management
- • Understanding the Customer
- • Product Development
- • Requirements Analysis
- • Competitive Analysis
- • 3 Years within a product management level position
- • Ability to understand complex ideas
- • Financial Planning and Strategy
- • Able to embrace feedback and learn
- • Sales Planning
- • Energy Industry Experience
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- £30k - 35k per year + Bonus & Benefits
- Posted about 1 month ago
Our client, a leading International manufacturing business are looking to recruit a Product Marketing Manager into their busy head-office team. The Product Manager will support the business in delivering product excellence and in developing new customer focussed product initiatives across the por...
- £25k - 30k per year + Excellent Benefits
- Posted about 1 month ago
Would you like the opportunity of working in an established Product Marketing team that is based on the outskirts of Manchester? Our client has a flexible approach to work and they’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and driven individual to strengthen their team. The position will be based...
- £35k - 40k per year + Excellent Benefits
- Posted 2 months ago
Our client, a leading Property Developer, is looking to recruit a Marketing Manager to support their Birmingham portfolio. They’re looking for a truly brilliant Marketing Manager who will help create, develop and effectively implement their marketing and communications plans. What you’ll be doing...
- £50k - 55k per year + Excellent Benefits
- Posted 27 days ago
The role of the Product & Campaign Manager is split across long- and short-term objectives. Long term the objective is to develop and deliver a product strategy that meets the business vision set by the Board. Short term objectives are to identify customer and market segments, develop direct sale...