£32k - 37k per year
over 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Junior Product Owner or someone operating within a product hybrid role.
A leading retailer, with a strong online presence, is looking for a Product Owner to help with the management of multiple domestic and international sites. Following a successful migration project, you will have the opportunity to be very innovative as you look to implement new tools and journeys to improve the customer experience.
- Have ownership of a Product / Product Component involving multiple internal / external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution
- Contribute to the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for the product and execute it well by constantly managing stakeholder’s expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products / teams
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for the product and their pain points
- Understand and demonstrate all the features of the product to different audiences within and outside of the immediate product team
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the I.T team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with my I.T counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
- Accountable for the performance/ adoption of the product
- Lead discovery work around minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/feature, collaborating with user experience (UX) and I.T teams to prototype and validate the MVP
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and I.T stakeholders
- Effectively present the vision, roadmap, key KPIs and execution plans (release/ sprint plans)
- Prioritise coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
Skills and Experience
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to complex problems
- Good prioritisation techniques to refine & groom your feature backlog regularly
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Great presentation & persuasion skills
- Team Player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice & methodologies
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
- Understand User Research/ Design Thinking concepts and applied those for your product work
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management
- Knowledge and experience of software development methodologies and processes
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.