£40k - 50k per year
4 months ago
A leading HealthTec business in Leeds is looking for a Product Owner to represent the customer needs, utilise and prioritise customer insight and feedback to maximising the value to the customer whilst improving internal efficiencies whilst keeping in line with business requirements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing deliverables with all relevant parties during and throughout the project/sprints and will manage the overall relationship between the business and IT to ensure all systems change is delivered.
- Define and prioritise the Work Stack for the designated system essentially to streamline the execution of programme priorities.
- Have significant relationships and responsibilities outside the squads, including participation in Product management meetings and Release Planning.
- Create and maintain the Product Backlogs by scoping and identifying requirements and prioritising activities.
- Prioritise and sequence the Backlog according to business criteria.
- Elaborate on Epics, themes and Features (the Why, the customer journey and the output deliverables). Sort into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Convey the vision & goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint to the squads ensuring each party is aware of what the intended outcome is, and what the focus needs to be and pick up any efficiency.
- Continuously engage the customer (internal and external) and stakeholders to ensure the Team is building the right product and therefore delivering the expected ROI. The Product owner has the opportunity to steer the team in a different direction at the end of every Sprint.
- Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every iteration and has complete authority to accept or reject work done, work that either is not complete or un-done needs to be re-prioritised or sequenced.
- Be the voice of the Team to the outside world and should ensure that all channels of communication are open and that the projects/.sprints have the right amount of support required to succeed.
- Establish KPIs to focus on delivery and to enable benefits realisation.
- Lead sprint reviews and encouraging the sharing of progress between all stakeholders in the squad.
- Participating in Product working groups, sharing best practice and experiences.
- Must have Software Development Background
- Relevant professional qualification at degree level or equivalent business/sector experience
- Knowledge of working within an Agile Delivery environment utilising methods such as Scrum, XP
- Proven ability in managing third party suppliers
- Proven ability to manage multiple product lines
- Experience managing, tracking, reporting and ratifying multimillion pound budgetary spend
- Detailed understanding of drivers of profitability, risk and reward
- Demonstrable strategic thinking and commercial acumen
- Commitment to developing a “Can Do” culture
- Proven ability to build networks of contacts who can contribute to success
- Experienced in customer led product prototyping
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.