£30k - 42.5k per year
£30,000 - £42,500 DOE
Forward Role have partnered with an exciting London based Fintech business, who are looking to grow their business in the North. They are looking to bring a QA Engineer into their dedicated QA team who will predominantly be involved in mobile testing of iOS and Android products using Emulators and testing of API's.
- Review technical and business requirements (incl. acceptance criteria) and design robust & reusable test scenarios.
- Manage the execution of test scenarios and report results, capturing run & key metrics overtime.
- Design and implement strategic level QA documentation/frameworks for the Cloud Apps workstream.
- Integrate Cloud Apps test scenarios with the overall test & automation strategy.
- Design and execute testing for complex features as required.
- Act as a point of contact for QA issues that arise during testing of the Cloud Apps workstream.
- Support the organisational shift towards continuous testing delivery (incl. implementing automated testing frameworks).
- Analyse live issues with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Assess feature suitability for test automation (incl. unit tests for developers & API integration tests)
- Configuration and set-up of test tools including the integration of automated regression suite with CI/CD pipeline tools.
- Log, prioritise & track bugs to completion.
- Maintaining documentation related to the QA stream.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships, working closely with other teams to ensure issues are progressed.
- Collaborate across the wider team, predominantly with the development, product & UX teams.
- Support other QA workstreams (e.g. Mobile & Platform) with test execution during busy periods.
- Attending daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement sessions & retrospectives as required.
- As a key member of the QA team you’ll help ensure the quality of products. Reporting into the QA lead.
What we are looking for from you?
- Collaborative, keen to mentor & share ideas.
- Shares experiences with others to assist their learning and understanding.
- Analytical and critical thinking mindset.
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges.
- Strong organisation and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Someone who is interested in fintech, and excited to change how people in the UK save and invest.
- Passionate about all things mobile and apps.
- Up to date with the latest developments with technology and QA.
- Comfortable working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Pragmatic when raising bugs and understand the difference between – quality and meeting release deadlines.
Experience & Skills Required:
- 2-5 years QA experience with a broad knowledge of best practices is essential.
- Demonstrable test framework implementations on more than one tech stack.
- Deep understanding of SQL, jQuery, XML, REST/JSON).
- Deep understanding of web, API & database testing technologies and frameworks.
- Experience in test data design and implementation strategies.
- Experience with API test framework design for legacy back-end systems.
- Experience coaching junior members of a QA team preferred by not essential.
- Experience of Agile Scrum, Kanban & behavioural-driven development (BDD).
- Experience of build pipelines using common CI/CD and SCM tools (e.g. GIT, Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Experience with automated testing incl. compatibility & performance testing an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup.
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Company Share options.
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events.
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.