£30k - 40k per year
0161 914 8561
6 months ago
Senior Account Manager
South Manchester – Events Agency
Salary - £30,000 to £40,000 - DOE
The Senior Account Manager will play a key senior role within the team reporting directly into the Client Services Director, working closely with the agency management team to manage and grow the business.
They will manage a set of owned accounts and be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of all associated projects and activity. They will work strategically to deliver against a set of objectives set out within an annual account plan. Working to objectives focused on revenue, margin, contact management, account growth and new business targets, they will ensure growth and client loyalty for the agency whilst constantly looking for new opportunities.
Accountable for the delivery of all owned account projects, the Senior Account Manager will have a number of line reports within their team to assist in the delivery of the projects. They will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of their team.
- Resource planning and project allocation within account team
- Managing the account team ensuring that all team members are working productively and with maximum efficiency following all processes and with the correct usage of the CRM system
- Acting as the main point of contact for all key contacts, known for exceptional service and delivery
- Leading key account client meetings and site visits
- Have a lead role on large scale projects with oversight of the account team reports managing medium and small campaigns / projects
- Responsible for account team budgets, owned accounts financial forecasts and targets and weekly business reporting
- Playing a key role in the weekly account planning / reporting meetings providing updates on owned accounts and revenue for internal reviews
- Identifying opportunities to increase revenue through upselling, new business and account growth and seeing them through to fruition
- Creating the strategy around all client contact on owned account and new business targets
- Producing top class proposals in response to client briefs
- Leading new business pitches, presentations and creative proposals
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers negotiating effectively
- Provide training and development for line reports including objective setting and reviews
- Communicate upwardly ensuring CSD is informed of all key information regarding accounts, clients and projects
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of all processes
- Staying abreast at all times with developments within our client’s sectors and the event industry
Skills and experience required
- Experience of delivering large scale events, conferences and incentives
- 6+ years live event experience within an agency environment
- Proven track record of driving sales and business growth from both existing client / account base and new business leads
- Expert account management skills
- Excellent relationship, communication and management skills
- Commercial and business acumen
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to handle multiple accounts with conflicting priorities
- Proficient user of IT including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of using a CRM management system
- Confident networker
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with an upbeat attitude
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.